Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

OK, Full Retirement,.Then what?

It's a small world, The wife is from there. I'm going to PM you. Sorry, I see I can't.

Thanks for the response...I appreciate it.

No wonder your post sounded a bit odd to me... you're a type A. The world is your oyster; health, relatively youthful, have a partner and retired! You can do anything you want. I want to say "lucky man", but no doubt you've earned it. Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by needshave View Post
    It's a small world, The wife is from there. I'm going to PM you. Sorry, I see I can't.

Thanks for the response...I appreciate it.
    Why can't you ?

If I go up and highlight your profile, on most names the opportunity exists for me to Private Message that individual. On RGP, that option is not there.

If I go up and highlight your profile, on most names the opportunity exists for me to Private Message that individual. On RGP, that option is not there.
    Humm...is this my doin's or the site?

Not sure, but I know that private messaging can be turned off by the member. Someone here else may be more knowledgeable than I on that subject if so please let us know.

One post here said "anything you want". That is retirement. It does not mean remain motionless until your heart stops and it does not mean keep pumping until you heart explodes. What you do with your days is your choice just like looking at a menu. I typically travel in my truck around Texas because this state has everything anyone could think of to enjoy indoors and outdoors. I love going to old Texas small towns just to get a feel of days gone my. I fill up the truck and just take off with no schedule and no itinerary.

Quote Originally Posted by rgp View Post
    Humm...is this my doin's or the site?
    Go to "settings", "General settings". You'll see the option to turn on or off PM's.
    We are either growing or dying.

Thanks AZ, Appreciate your help.

The old 'what do you do?' question. When people ask me this I just say I finally found something I'm good at......doing nothing. Actually i do things but many that are work focused would think my life is boring.

But to answer the question.... I play lot's of golf. Been a golfer since I was 13 y/o's so it is a passion of mine. I also have a 2nd home on the coast and I enjoy going there a week every month. Love riding my bicycle while there. Also enjoy taking long walks with the mutt. And I have no problem surfing the web a couple of hours per day. Bottom line.....doesn't take a lot to make me happy. Been retired for over 10 years and would do it all over again.

Great Bullie, I'm happy for you. I bet the mutt is ecstatic! You bring up a point I'm curious about. 2 homes.

I have thought about doing the same, maybe purchasing a second home on the coast for the winters, but I have always been concerned about the unknown. Meaning, that if you are at one location, worrying about what is happening to or at the other house. DO you find that a concern for you or not so much?

Thanks for your response. You on the coast now?

Great Bullie, I'm happy for you. I bet the mutt is ecstatic! You bring up a point I'm curious about. 2 homes.

I have thought about doing the same, maybe purchasing a second home on the coast for the winters, but I have always been concerned about the unknown. Meaning, that if you are at one location, worrying about what is happening to or at the other house. DO you find that a concern for you or not so much?

I thought about doing the same thing...and had the same concerns. Not to mention double tax, & insurance. As such I never have. Probably should have retired to Florida like all the other old coots....

Winters in Ohio can be brutal to mild. But they are always just cold enough , wet enough ,grey enough....to be just about miserable.

So true About Ohio, Today is a perfect example. Snow and ice last night, dark and gray this morning with cold winds. It just doesn't get any better than this!!

Did you see AZ Jim's solution to the private messaging issue? Here it is:

Go to "settings", "General settings". You'll see the option to turn on or off PM's.

So true About Ohio, Today is a perfect example. Snow and ice last night, dark and gray this morning with cold winds. It just doesn't get any better than this!!

Did you see AZ Jim's solution to the private messaging issue? Here it is:

I did see that but...if you 'turn that on' doesn't that mean they all go to our email? I think I had that in the beginning, and 'turned it off' , for that reason ?...Seems to me my email was just flooded every day, and...no offence to anyone, but many of them I had no interest in.

Mine is only 200 miles away so easy to get to. Plus I have a nephew who lives in the area and can check on it if needed. Oh yes.....when I said home I should have said condo. Not as much to worry about as a home with a yard etc...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.