Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Wherever I go, there I am

Quote Originally Posted by JFBev View Post
    Maybe we'll make it through this fire season with far less devastation than last year. Here's hoping!
    August is coming

We've got elect storms my side of the Cascades
    The air seems thick
    Wildfire danger is high here

Hoping yer hoping is right
    “Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air.” Emerson

Very nice photos of your garden Bev, thanks for sharing! Hope there's not too much damage from the fires, please stay safe. I'm in Colorado and we get a lot of lightning strikes here, and are having some big wildfires here due to dry drought conditions. Luckily not close to my area though.

Okay, here's where "Felicity Flamingo" will be displayed (originally I had it on the side of the house near the driveway, but when the lights come on after dusk, it really lights up )
    Will take another photo after dusk with the lights on.
    You can see behind to the right, where I had to dig out everything that was killed by the laburnum tree. Have a small pot with hydrangea cuttings that should starting making roots any time now and will plant those. Since there's apparently no way to kill a hydrangea (and I've tried...), I'm betting a large bush will fit perfectly there.
    Can see part of one of my fuschia potted plants also -- happy with those!!!

Flamingo1.jpg
    Drama-free

Lovely garden Bev, you have a green thumb for sure...unlike me. Looking forward to the lit Felicity!

Thanks SeaBreeze! Don't know about the green thumb, but am enjoying the learning curve!

Okay, here's Felicity lit up, and it's just dusk -- can imagine what it's like when fully dark out! So, better to be in the back walled garden...

Flamingo2.jpg

It's so perfectly flamingo-y! Yeah!
    Drama-free

Another fun day in geekdom -- manual debugging work by MS tech for the W10 update on this laptop. 4 hours total, but always fun to play with them.
    My other laptop is not a test machine, so its updates are simple.
    Just waiting for a phone call to recap/feedback, then can go outside IRL and enjoy what looks like it will be a beautiful evening.
    How binary my life seems at this stage. Interesting!
    Drama-free

I get a kick out of that lighted flamingo. I've never seen one before. Cute!

Whew! August flew by and I had almost no gardening time.

We dodged a bullet re: wildfires this Summer, but travelling into the valley was cut off here and there for a while.

About 50% or so successful on the gardening curve -- everything is kinda tired looking and just needs cleaning up for now.

Funny thing is that what grew best in the front edge garden were "volunteer" plants that must have been gifted by birds. I now have an 8-foot Pampas Grass plant which grew to its full height while I was gone -- very impressive and obviously requires no care (well except for auto sprinklers) . Think I'll let it live here.

In a few weeks our semi-annual lawn/garden debris pickup happens and I'll have six of those huge biodegradable bags ready.

I am seriously considering "Vegas grass" for the front lawn, if it's not too expensive. Has anyone who reads this tried that? I understand that the current type is very realistic?

Most of the tourists have gone and we have our beach back to ourselves. Ahhh...
    Drama-free

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.