Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Are You "Open-Minded" Or Not?

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicRockr View Post
    BUT, this is how you and the other member feel, NOT the way everyone in America feels.

Not everyone likes, or can tolerate, being around smokers, people who use the “f” word, plus this other stuff.

There are those that would never live around Livestock, go to a rodeo or horse show, don’t like Country-Western music and really dislike firearms. Just Thank God this isn’t everyone!!
    Thats ok ClassicRockr. I’m NOT trying to change them and wouldn’t want anyone trying to change me either.
    Would you want anyone trying to change you?

Of course not. You are ok just the way you are; just like everyone else.

We are different than you. Why is that SO, SO hard for you to understand that, like us, people are different. If we choose not to like certain things about people, that IS our right.

My brother is a devoted Christian, yet he dislikes people from India and has no problem telling anyone that.

Different parts of America have different types of people. Los Angeles has all kinds and is really diverse, whereas Billings, Montana definitely isn’t and neither is Cheyenne, Wyoming.

"We are different than you. Why is that SO, SO hard for you to understand that, like us, people are different. If we choose not to like certain things about people, that IS our right. "

Exactly !! And those with green hair [example] choose to be different and enjoy that....Don't you see the circle here?

Well, I think I’m done with this Thread. From discussing these things in this Thread, I can definitely tell that none of you would want to live in parts of Colorado or in Wyoming, Montana or surrounding States. The serious lack of diversity and other things, that we would like, wouldn’t be attractive to most of the members here.
    And you proudly wear your bigotry,your prejudice,your homophobia like it is some kind of a crown to be proud of. I can promise you that there is more than one person in Colorado,Wyoming,Montana or the surrounding states that would find you as offensive as I do.

You sit down there in a rented apartment in Florida a place you hate, dismissing every other part of the country as somehow beneath, these fantasy states you claim exist.
    You claim finances are holding you back! Makes no sense to me. You have nothing where you are. When your lease expires Its only a 4 day drive and probably less than 200 in gas and you would be right where you want to be. Rent another apartment and live happily ever after. Scrape together 2000 dollar for rent and security.

I can definitely tell that none of you would want to live in parts of Colorado or in Wyoming, Montana or surrounding States
    ClassicRockr, you are probably right on that point.

When Hubby and I visited some western states during the Reagan presidency, we were very courteously received by Americans where ever we went.
    How would your neighbourhood react to a foreigner like me if I came to settle among you?
    I talk with a peculiar accent and tend to vote for leftish candidates in elections.

My sister lives in Queensland which is much more "white bread" than Sydney as a whole.
    By white bread, we mean uniformly bland and without the texture and colour of a multicultural city or suburb.
    I prefer to live where I am and have no intention of selling up and moving away.
    “Journalism is printing what someone else does not want printed: everything else is public relations.” - George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Keesha View Post
    Thats ok ClassicRockr. I’m NOT trying to change them and wouldn’t want anyone trying to change me either.
    Would you want anyone trying to change you?
    Of course not. You are ok just the way you are; just like everyone else.
    Gotta say, Kesha, that your reply made me laugh as well as.....I love it!!😊

I'm not a fan of beards and mustache - even small discrete ones. I have the right to voice my dislike (due to the 1st amendment) - do I? No It's one thing to dislike something about another person; it's another to discriminate against them because of it. i'm also not fond of tattoos either - it's highly unlikely I will ever get one. I like human skin just as it is. When and where I was growing up, only the outlaws of society sported tattoos. "Decent" people didn't get tattoos. It took some work to figure that out - it's part of my feelings about tattoos - and of course, is no longer true - if it ever was. (I came from a small town)

Quote Originally Posted by Robusta View Post
    And you proudly wear your bigotry,your prejudice,your homophobia like it is some kind of a crown to be proud of. I can promise you that there is more than one person in Colorado,Wyoming,Montana or the surrounding states that would find you as offensive as I do.

You sit down there in a rented apartment in Florida a place you hate, dismissing every other part of the country as somehow beneath, these fantasy states you claim exist.
    You claim finances are holding you back! Makes no sense to me. You have nothing where you are. When your lease expires Its only a 4 day drive and probably less than 200 in gas and you would be right where you want to be. Rent another apartment and live happily ever after. Scrape together 2000 dollar for rent and security.
    First, what you are calling wife and I, you are also calling my brother. None of us are what you are calling us, we’ll, mostly not. Although the Blacks here, which there are a lot, get rather shocked when we tell them what kind of music we listen (Motown, Disco, Earth-Wind & Fire and Kool & The Gang) and watch movies with major Black Stars in them). Guess they don’t think White folks listen to that kind of music or watch those kind of movies. But, seriously, they are happy and shocked about it.

When my SIL (wife’s sister) found out that her Army granddaughter now has tattoos, she wasn’t happy at all about it. Then, when she was told that the granddaughter was Bi-Sexual, she was really, and I mean REALLY disappointed. “How could she do this to the family?” she told us.

Oh, we have very serious plans on moving, but it takes money. It’s like what I tell most people that don’t have a boat, motor home or any other recreational stuff, these thing take money also.

So, are you done bashing our family now???? Surely hope so. 😊

I suppose there are some things I am open-minded about and maye somewhat opinionated. I have a lot of don't knows.

I think I'm in Florida, but I'm not sure any more......my GPS blew away.
    I was raised by open-minded parents. I hope it rubbed off on me.

My aim is to have an open mind and a shut mouth. I think I do pretty well with the former and not-so-well with the latter.
    If we're ever in a situation where I am "the voice of reason", then we are in a very, very bad situation.

No.

I am happy with my own truths about morality, religion and politics.

Quote Originally Posted by KingsX View Post

No.

I am happy with my own truths about morality, religion and politics.
    Wife and I totally agree with you, but basically with the “NO” answer.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.