Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Walking!

Quote Originally Posted by RadishRose View Post
    I'm glad to hear this, Jim.
    Thanks RR! We can still take rides on the scooter though, I just had some new flames put on the sides.

Quote Originally Posted by Keesha View Post
    I could put myself in your shoes and it would be almost unbearable for me.

Anyway I’ve been walking everyday still except for one day last week I stayed in my pyjamas all day long. I was completely exhausted and decided to have a ‘do nothing ‘ day and it was quite fun.
    With all the stress of socializing at Christmas time as well as adding going to the gym three times a week , it may have proved to be too much.

Now I’m decompressing and getting back to a regular schedule. I’ve decided that I’m going to start walking in different places
    than my usual trails. My regular walks are about 4 to 5 kilometres long and I’d go farther but my littlest girls paws are only about 4 inches long and she’s almost 13 years old. I hope I’m not over walking her.

Here in Canada we have many maple trees so maple syrup is a big business. Here are the maple syrup lines that carry the syrup.

Attachment 61075

There are horseback trails near where we live which we all enjoy

Attachment 61076

Attachment 61077

It’s enjoyable seeing different things to look at like woodpecker holes in the trees
    Attachment 61078

Then I come across some trees that I wish I cut and take home. The wood at the trunk of this tree is a woodworkers dream wood . The knots and wood grain would be incredible.

Attachment 61079
    It was unbearable for me, especially watching my wife take the dogs out by herself. I always had in the back of my mind that something bad would happen with a stray dog, coyotes or just someone giving her trouble and I wouldn't be there to help. Thankfully nothing ever happened and that mindset is coming to an end.

Those are some nice pics Keesha. I especially like the one of your dog running on the path, she's cute! 4 or 5km's might be too much for your girl at that age. (I believe 5km's is roughly 3 miles?) We usually do 1.5 miles after work and our 11.5 year old Shepherd gets tired, especially in the heat and she's in good shape too.
    Glad to hear you're getting some rest both mentally and physically. I find that daily walks do wonders for my mental state.

Jim, I hope you don’t mind me saying this but I think the way some men worry and care for their wives, is the finest thing about them. It shows such emotional depth that’s so touching. You speak so lovingly about your wife that my eyes water up. My husband is the same way with me. He worries so much about me that i can’t help but find it adorable.

I do think I might be over walking her. With the snow on the ground she has to work so hard but her sister is so active . Maybe I’ll start taking the stroller so she can get a break on the long walks. It’s a good thing I joined the gym so I can run on the padded track and get the added exercise I need.

I’m so glad you can walk again. When I see my parents it makes me ultra thankful to still have the ability to be fully mobile and I’m going to take full advantage of that for as long as I can and be grateful.

Quote Originally Posted by JimW View Post
    Thanks RR! We can still take rides on the scooter though, I just had some new flames put on the sides.
    Not sure how I missed this. That’s funny.

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.