Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Impoverished Vocabularies cause confusion

Quote Originally Posted by Radrook View Post
    I am amazed sometimes at the readers who tag simple words as being extravagant.
    I am also rather surprised to see that such persons have an extreme aversion
    to using the dictionary. Weird!

That is a very weird reaction and smacks of paranoia.
    It is also irrational since the evidence for your premise is scanty and a scanty evidence leads to hasty conclusions.
    You don't know me and are not a mind reader. So there is also hubris there.
    Ease up! No one is here to disrupt or cause damage.
    Perhaps your reaction can be due to an inability to understand clearly written English for various reasons.
    If such a symptom persists I strongly suggest you inform your primary health provider.
    It could very well be the early onset of Alzheimer from which my mother recently died.
    Please note that this advice is given in a helping spirit and not one intended to offend.
    No offense taken

Laughing too hard
    I just couldn’t imagine anyone thinking ‘English’, that bastardized whore of all language, was still even considered a proper noun, let alone criticizing those trying to use it.

(Sorry for offending the gods with this newly discovered excessive pride of mine)
    “Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air.” Emerson

To whom it may concern:

Please stop trolling on my thread.

In Internet slang, a troll (/troʊl, trɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting quarrels or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2]or of otherwise disrupting normal, on-topic discussion,[3] often for the troll's amusement.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

Are you a narcissist?

This thread, YOUR thread, started out as "Impoverished categories cause confusion"...and then went in leaps an bounds to"deficiencies that need attention"..and somewhere in there we became complicit in your self described role as literary analyst and now you say stop trolling on my thread. You do know how to "cut and paste." Well, I for one, am taking my keyboard and going home.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.