Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Eating a plant-based diet.

When I first started using Stevia I didn't like it but I gave it another try a year later and I'm okay with it now. Don't know why.

How about maple syrup!
    Stevia takes adjusting to. It’s best to wean yourself off sugar gradually.
    Make whatever you are eating or drinking less & less sweet then add a tiny amount of stevia.
    If you really can’t handle it then use a better form of sugar like honey or maple syrup. The flavour of honey can be a bit strong but maple syrup is a subtle sweetness

Quote Originally Posted by Ruth n Jersey View Post
    So nice to see that so many of you are making headway using a plant based diet. I already have to be on a gluten free diet which after so many years really isn't a problem. I'm not a big meat eater but noticed sugar actually makes me feel sick . I have eliminated it by not eating desserts with sugar, cakes and cookies. To expensive to make or buy gluten free anyway. My problem is my morning coffee and ice tea. I love both very sweet. I tried to eliminate it very slowly but I get to a certain point where I just don't enjoy drinking it at all. I use artificial sweetener instead of sugar and I'm happy with that but I'm sure all those chemicals aren't good either. I don't like the taste of honey in coffee and I think Stevia has a weird taste. Any ideas?
    My parents, old world Italians, used to offer liquour with esspresso, made it sweeter. Don't know if that would be a solution for you. I was going to suggest raw honey, but just read you don't like it. I do NOT trust artificial sweeteners and avoid them like the plague.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.