Dog people are wonderful !

Dog people are wonderful !

Since I got my rescue dog,Hunter, I've found at least 20 or more people that have rescued dogs from Kentucky,Alabama and Tennessee .

I'm just amazed at the number of random people I talk to that have gotten their dogs from rescue groups. It takes alittle work to rescue a dog , but people are doing it and I can't thank them enough !
    Why can't mosquitoes suck fat instead of blood ?

Agree, TooMuch.

My doggie was rescued from the southern area too, driven up to CT on an air-conditioned converted bus with bunch of others. Then, they were all presented at a weekend event at Pet Smart, sponsored by the local aspca they called: "The Small Fluffy Dog Invasion".

Now she's a Yankee Dog. (shih tzu)

Our dog is from Alabama. When people ask us what he is ..... my husband lovingly calls him a "swamp beagle" .... LOL
    Why can't mosquitoes suck fat instead of blood ?

My dog is a rescue. I just give and always have given her lots of love, pet her when she cried in her sleep, treats and now she is my bff.
    To the world you may be just one person but to one person you may be the world.

Thanks everyone who has rescued a dog from a southern state, but please don't forget that there are dogs everywhere who need to be rescued. I've never had a dog from a rescue group or from a southern state, but I've done DIY rescue in other places.

All my dogs have been rescues. My present dog, my beloved Bonnie, is a beautiful pit bull girl who was rescued from a wretched situation where she had been neglected and abused. After getting her medical issues taken care of, she is absolutely wonderful and happy and spoiled and I love her to pieces. Right now she is snoring softly beside me without a care in the world.

I'm a life long dog lover,our family had a variety of dogs as my siblings and I were growing up. Our last dog,TY was a golden retriever.We got her when she was 1,because her owners were divorcing. She was a love,we had her for 13 yrs,my parents certainly spoiled her. Every morning with her kibble,she would get an egg. Every Sun when we had steak,she would get some pieces with her dinner. I have her dog tags hanging from a ceramic golden retriever
    Unfortuantely,one of the rules in my co-op apt building complex is NO PETS.Two years ago,I became a temporary dog walker for my close friends MarciaDave's family dog,Aker,a pharoh hound while Marcia was recovering from knee surgery. I bonded with him from the beginning,he's my 'buddy boy'. I don't walk him every day like I did 2 yrs ago,but whenever I get the chance to do so,it makes my day.This afternoon I'll be walking him Sue
    Walkers Take It All In Strides

We flew to TX to rescue a deaf, not potty trained, unsocialized puppy mill breeder dog. She was awesome and lived until 20.

here's the sign at the door to our home.
    Attached Images Attached Images

That's why they call it "Fur-niture"...animated-laughing-image-0116.gif

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.