Results 1 to 2 of 2

Is there a name for the technique used in this piece of art?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    upstate NY

    Is there a name for the technique used in this piece of art?

    I was hoping someone could tell me what type of art form it is. The background is cloth with an embroidered pattern which is more obvious from the back. The cat figures feel rubbery and may be an applique or painted on. It is in a wooden frame which measures 25" long and 19" wide.

    cat picture1.jpgcat picture2.jpg
    When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    It might be "white work embroidery " . Here's a link to read about it.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.

Similar Threads

  1. Old-School Wart Removal Technique
    By SifuPhil in forum Health
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 06-08-2018, 06:34 PM
  2. I feel like a piece of meat.
    By fuzzybuddy in forum Health
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-20-2017, 12:27 PM
  3. Piece Of Cake
    By Davey Jones in forum General Discussions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-19-2017, 07:18 PM
  4. Best Technique to Weigh Yourself...for Senior Ladies
    By SeaBreeze in forum Weight Loss and Fitness
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-22-2016, 03:44 PM
  5. What was the best piece of advice ever given to you?
    By Gael in forum General Discussions
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 03-11-2014, 11:11 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Family & Health Forums: Pet Forums - Health Forum