Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

How Does One Afford Assisted Living?

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    When you no longer have to pay Property Taxes, utilities, home owners insurance, gardener,house keeper, cable/wifi, food, and have Social Security and pension coupled with the interest earned on your home sale invested assets you will find that it is not difficult to come up with the monthly fee for Assisted Living without paying any UP Front Endowment Fee.
    Lon, you seem to fail to realize how fortunate you are compared to most others. Whether you gained your wealth through inheritance/hard work, dumb luck or a combination of all,you are not typical of most seniors. Your affluence resonates through most of your posts,and at times it seem as though you have no basis of understanding the less fortunate among us.

Quote Originally Posted by Robusta View Post
    Lon, you seem to fail to realize how fortunate you are compared to most others. Whether you gained your wealth through inheritance/hard work, dumb luck or a combination of all,you are not typical of most seniors. Your affluence resonates through most of your posts,and at times it seem as though you have no basis of understanding the less fortunate among us.
    I'm sorry, but I disagree. I think Lon is aware that he is fortunate. We are too. It would be silly to be ashamed of being able to afford a good life in retirement. I'm sure we all know "there but for the grace of God...."

That kind of envious carping is ungenerous.

Quote Originally Posted by Robusta View Post
    You are so wrong!! I am fully aware of where I stand in relation to others and feel no guilt about it and the fact that my posts do not reflect a sympathetic attitude towards the less fortunate is not an accident.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.