Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Brown Sugar

Everyone makes their choices...I've changed a LOT of what I put in my mouth and don't suffer because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Keesha View Post
    Yes, sorry for not being more specific. For non diabetics, a bit of brown sugar, honey, molasses, maple syrup, stevia is better than artificial sugar. For diabetics, most can handle a bit of natural sugar but that has to do with how diabetic they are.

The problem with relying on artificial sweeteners is that people get use to everything being really sweet. Even most diabetics would do better cutting down on high carbs , processed foods and artificial sugar. Artificial sugar isnít good for human consumption but I do understand that diabetics often choose it because itís whatís been recommended by their doctors and/or is what they are use to. Keeping blood sugar level stable is crucial for the diabetic so I donít criticize them for their choices.

Bottom line : none at all Ďwouldí be better but itís just not practical either. Life needs to be enjoyable too.
    Its funny what you can get used to. Coffee with sugar now tastes terrible. Same with salt. Hardly ever use it to season food now.

Quote Originally Posted by Camper6 View Post
    Its funny what you can get used to. Coffee with sugar now tastes terrible. Same with salt. Hardly ever use it to season food now.
    That is so true plus it’s a great strategy even for those non diabetic. That’s smart .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.