Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Jane Fonda @ 80

Quote Originally Posted by PVC View Post
    I'm a big fan of Angela Lansbury and her "Murder she Wrote'' detective series. She's not as beautiful as Fonda, but she's in her early 90's and still making movies. She lives alone in western England (Wales?). Her latest is ''Little Women'' on PBS.
    https://www.bing.com/search?pc=COSP&ptag=D020318-A9FCDBB39EF&form=CONBDF&conlogo=CT3335799&q=angela +lansbury

EDIT = Just found this about Angela in an interview =
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    While many actresses all but disappear in their middle years, Angela didn't. She has an explanation. 'It must be very hard to be born a beauty because it's almost as if you have to live that down and let the real person emerge. I was all talent and no looks.'

Nor has she resorted to cosmetic surgery. 'If you've made your name as a character actress, you don't need to. You've only got to look at Judi (Dench) or Maggie (Smith).

'We've all maintained the way we look, by which I mean we haven't re-positioned our faces. We still look like who we were. But if you're just a beauty, you have to try to sustain your looks and some women have been unable to settle to the fact that they were losing their greatest asset. That can be tough. The trick is to decide what you're going to lean on as you grow older - is it the need to maintain your beauty or is it the need to adapt and play older parts?'
    While I think Jane Fonda is looking good for her age, I’ve never been particularly fond of her as a person or an actress. What I was particularly impressed with was that at 80 years of age she’s starring in a movie about older women who are still interested in having sex and while sex isn’t a life or death thing to consider, I personally find the idea that it’s still desired and enjoyable at 80 inspiring. Ok I’ve got a bit of perv in me. Lol.

Yes. I agree with everything you’ve stated. Many actresses don’t do well with transitioning into older woman roles so miss out. They become too vain.

Angela Lansbury is a good actress and a very likeable lady. Another actress I really like is the woman from the series Heartland. She’s a sweetheart of a woman. I forgot her name but I did manage to get pictures of older actresses who have aged gracefully and naturally.

Angela Lansbury

Attachment 52026

Diane Keaton

Attachment 52027

Kim Bassinger
    Attachment 52028

Meryl Streep
    Attachment 52029
    Anna Ferguson
    Attachment 52030

Quote Originally Posted by treeguy64 View Post
    Fonda looks like someone who can afford the very best plastic surgeon in the world, which she obviously can. As for me, I prefer to socialize with, and am attracted to, women who look their age, as I look mine. The wrinkles, aging skin, more settled body, only enhances that person's overall appeal, for me, because it shows that the person has lived life and interacted with Nature, and is involved in the aging process, to the point of making peace with it, instead of going to the extent Fonda has, where, to me, she looks like a freak. I suspect that if she hit her face on something hard, her face would shatter into a million pieces.
    This is quite admirable and there seems to be a lot more men who appreciate natural beauty than those who go for artificial vanity. Years ago I learned that most men don’t like fake nails, hair extensions , breast implants , butt implants etc., and particularly cosmetic surgery. It does make women look unnatural and not only that I think it makes women look desperate.
    Lets face it, nothing’s more unattractive than someone desperately trying to look younger than they really are. I remember watching a tv show about a woman who had over 50 facial procedures and she looks SUPER ugly. I was thinking what a waste of $

Im with you treeguy. The silver hair and age lines are earned and there’s nothing more attractive than somebody aging gracefully and confidentially in their own skin.

Quote Originally Posted by terry123 View Post
    Do not like her since her Viet Nam antics. Shes has a ton of work done and that's why she looks like she does. Her business but I had too many folks in that war and don't appreciate a traitor. My opinion and I am sticking to it. That war is too personal for me.
    I agree, terry. That war is still very personal for me, too.

I apologize to those in the war who felt betrayed by Jane Fonda.
    It wasn’t something I knew about

Yes...Fonda made a mistake, what 50 years ago......she was an anti-war activist, she has explained what happened in
    detail (which BTW was overblown) over and over and over, she has apologized over and over....she has held her head high, gone on with a positive active life with very much charitable works...do some research...I stand by my admiration for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie22 View Post
    Yes...Fonda made a mistake, what 50 years ago......she was an anti-war activist, she has explained what happened in
    detail (which BTW was overblown) over and over and over, she has apologized over and over....she has held her head high, gone on with a positive active life with very much charitable works...do some research...I stand by my admiration for her.
    Hey Jackie. I’m in complete agreement with you. She made a mistake half a century ago, which she repeatedly apologized for and I don’t think the woman deserves to be demonized her entire life. The situation was blown out of proportion by the media because news sells.

I used to use her videos to workout and they were exceptionally tough. She was and still is in incredible shape and she DOES hold her head high which every person should do. People deserve second chances.

To me she still is and always will be a strong , powerful woman who has done a LOT of worthy things. I think she deserves recognition of the things she’s done well instead of being forever demonized for the mistake she made.

Thanks Jackie. I’ve gotta tell you that I adore your avatar.
    It looks like my silver schnoodle whom I cherish

Sorry, can't excuse her actions.

A nation can survive its fools, even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within....for the traitor appears not to be a traitor...he rots the soul of a nation...he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist.

-- Cicero (106-43 BC)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.