Does Anyone use a PEDOMETER?

Does Anyone use a PEDOMETER?

Do to certain medical conditions I am limited with the kinds of exercise I can do, but I can walk using my walker. I bought a PEDOMETER two weeks ago and use it daily. Based on the length of my stride it will measure how many steps I have taken. 2,000 steps equals one mile. I was pleased to see that the 27, 974 steps that I have taken in the past 5 days is equal to almost 14 miles.

I used to have one that was part of a watch, and it measured my steps. It was difficult for me to use and even to remember to wear it when I went for a walk.
    Then I got a fitness tracker, and that worked with an app on my iPhone, and I liked that much better.
    Now, I have an Apple Watch that I wear all of the time and it measures my steps, my heartrate, my swimming, my sleep, and besides all that....... I can answer my phone with it !

No matter what suits each person, I think that tracking your health and your exercise is a great thing to do, so keep up the good work, Lon !
    I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness because it shows me the stars....... Og Mandino

I have an Omron pedometer, I used to use it everyday, but now I only use it when camping to measure the hikes I take. It wasn't working right last time I went to use it, I have to replace the battery and reset the information to see if it's still reliable.

I have a Fitbit but prefer the app on my iPhone.

I used one on the golf course to see how far I walked. A gadget.

Those are some impressive results, Lon. Congratulations. That's the equivalent of about 2 1/2 miles a day.

Keep plugging away at it.

Jay

I have a "step counter" in my watch that syncs with my phone for statistics every now and then.

walmart has them for your shoe (laces) 15 bucks work great no hassle....

nuff said

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.