Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Facial And Neck Tattoos, Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    That's ok. No problem.

I can't speak for any of the others who think like I do, but I'm an old man, near the end of my days on this planet, and I have nothing to lose by speaking my mind. The way I look at it, the world, and especially our society, has gone to hell. It's just a damn shame that so many proudly support the destruction of the American civilization.

Well you have the right to your opinions. And FYI, I don't support the destruction of the American Civilization.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicRockr View Post
    Tattoos, body piercings, smoking, using the “f” word, drinking to much are things that some totally dislike, while others aren’t bother by any of these things. Criticism comes up on both sides when discussing these and topics like them.

There are those that have friends and/or family that have and do all of these things and friends and family aren’t bothered by it, then there are friends and family that totally reject a family member that is like this.

Most people have their own feelings about these things, but criticize others that don’t think the way they do. Guess that is “human nature” also.

I argue enough with you on the other forum, no point doing it here also.

Either Colorado or Wyoming In Near Future
    How about this scenario: A person who dislikes tattoos sees a person that has multiple ones, including on face and neck. The person walks up to this tattooed person and hands them a business card of a doctor who removes tattoos and says “he’s very good”. The tattooed person, in return, gives this person a business card of a tattoo artist and says “he’s very good”.

Quote Originally Posted by CeeCee View Post
    I argue enough with you on the other forum, no point doing it here also.
    There’s no arguing, just different opinions.

Agree to disagree is the classy way of ending a discussion
    Why can't mosquitoes suck fat instead of blood ?

I think the reason so many are now getting tatoo's is the lack of any sort of education on what tattoo's are and why they are.

When I was a kid, some 70 or so yeas back, tattoos were considered to be evil and used by immoral folks. If I went to the local fair I could find a tatoo tent and for a dime or quarter I could get in and see this woman with tatoo's on much of her body. But of course back the I was not allowed in to see the tattoo's for being too young. I think they wanted you to be at least 16.

Today I still think the things are ugly and should be avoided.

I did not know they could be removed. Sounds like a good response for employers to use when hiring these tattoo nuts. Employers do have a right to expect and demand certain life style while working for them. Drinking and drugging and smoking are a couple of other lifestyles that can be used by the employer.

Hope folks will read my lighthearted joke about this thread that I wrote at 1:53PM this afternoon. Could get a laugh out of it.

Yeah, they can be "erased". I once saw that being done. They use some kid of laser light and it vaporizes (?) the ink.
    "ONE CAN NOT ATTAIN THE LIMIT OF ARTISANSHIP, AND THERE IS NO ARTISAN WHO ACQUIRES TOTAL MASTERY" PTAHHOTEP, Egyptian, 2350 B.C.

Don't you EVER wonder about things people do? Then again, you could be the "go with the flow" type, which there are many of those in society and those people who do weird things to their body depend on those folks who think that. Not saying that you are that way, but.

And, if I was making a complaint about it, so what. How many others on this thread are doing the exact same thing? Better go after them as well.

No....when YOU make the complaint...I'll respond to YOU.

And that 'Timmy does it too' argument "How many others on this thread are doing the exact same thing?".... doesn't lend any credence to your argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    Ah, so you advocate that I should be forced to remain locked away because of the wackos ?
    So you advocate that others should do as you say...so you can eat ? Perhaps you should remain locked away?

Hope folks will read my lighthearted joke about this thread that I wrote at 1:53PM this afternoon. Could get a laugh out of it.

Its only 12:48 here now, maybe you should give a post number.

BUT, not everyone in society thinks like you do. There are those on this thread that don't. Seeing these tattoos, no matter where they are, they don't like the sight of them. They have a right to their opinion as much as you do.

Again with the 'Timmy does it too' defense ...........why do you seem to think that this imaginary number of others that may agree with you , fortifies your view ? When it is likely that you do not know who may or may not agree at all.

How about leaving all others out of it & just stand your own ground?

Quote Originally Posted by CeeCee View Post
    If you get sick so easily, maybe you should eat at home.

I don't care for tattoos and I would never get one but what someone else looks like doesn't bother me and I can certainly still eat.
    Right on!!
    We are either growing or dying.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoot N Annie View Post
    Starsong - You should be warned that any opinion contrary to that of a small group of grumpy old men is strictly forbidden. ClassicRocker, Robusta, Don M, and Traveler are the final authority on all things. You must hate tats and smart phones and, I suspect, women or be roundly condemned. (All of which I like, btw.)

Have a great day!
    How the hell did I get lumped in with those guys. I love my smart phone, won't be with out mine physically on my person. These things are life savers. don't mind tats,(except on the face or neck) The absolutely hottest woman I ever made love to had a parrot very large parrot on her covering most of her torso. I will admit to a certain level of misogyny, sorry it's there won't go away.

So There Take That!!!!!!!

Icky, acky, blech are what I think of the look of tattoos that cover most of ones arm(s), neck, wherever. I usually can't tell what the "designs" are plus I wonder what they even represent to the tattooee, -- is anyone expected to know? Anyway, decorating your body anywhere with permanent tattoos is kinda sad.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.