Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I am a lonely and retired 80 year old woman. I need some interesting conversations with people.

Welcome from Houston!

welcome from georgia ---sylvia

Welcome from Los Angeles!

Hello and welcome Sylvia. Lived in Charlestown many years ago. When we reach our 80's it is sometimes necessary to uproot and move closer to family.

hey sylvia..i'm new in here too....
    lived below hickory NC for 30 years. ..
    moved to southeast Illinois to be near family. ..
    our son was stationed in Charleston with the coast guard.

I am a lonely and retired 80 year old woman. I need interesting conversations with people

Quote Originally Posted by ProsperosDaughter View Post
    Hi, Sylvia

I've always wanted to paint a chair. What color will it be?
    An indication of boredom. Cushions I will cover are huge, comical, colorful birds, many colors. I have chosen chalk paint and painting each chair a different color from the birds; black, bright blue, mustard and dark red. I just like something quite different. My children are kind enough to just let me be.
    I live in a one bedroom condo to avoid senior homes where I probably could not paint. I also like to take pictures of trees. Charleston is blessed with trees. Then I print them and frame them. Well, I like them.

You are certainly as far from me as one can be in the US. I hope the weather is nice in LA. I have been watching the weather station. Sylvia

Retired 80 year old

How is the rain situation? I have been watching the weather station. Living near my children and grandchildren keeps me out of Senior homes. They tolerate me, check on me every day and let me do as I please. What I really need is a neighbor who likes coffee and conversation. Although I live in a large condo complex but I never see any old people.

Hi, Bingo. I lived many years with my husband in Gaston County. Did you get lonely moving to Illinois? All my friends had died so moving wasn't difficult. However, I hate to interfere with my children's lives. They are always so busy and I feel guilty asking them to take me somewhere. But at least I am near the people I love. Sylvia

Hi Nona. I can tell how old I am by how long it took me to be able to communicate on this site. I hate to quit to lower my frustration. How do you feel about living near your family? Do you feel like a drag on them? All my dearest friends are dead and I am not accustomed to never laughing and talking and taking trips with friends.Sylvia

Welcome from the left coast of Canada. Bienvennue.
    Love is a verb.

Hi Sylvia,welcome aboard,glad you found this forum. You'll meet a lot of wonderful people here,Sue in Buffalo,NY
    Walkers Take It All In Strides

Quote Originally Posted by SylviaD View Post
    Hi Nona. I can tell how old I am by how long it took me to be able to communicate on this site. I hate to quit to lower my frustration. How do you feel about living near your family? Do you feel like a drag on them? All my dearest friends are dead and I am not accustomed to never laughing and talking and taking trips with friends.Sylvia
    As you said, Sylvia....realize they have busy lives and try not ask for much. Feeling you are being too intrusive. So difficult when we have been used to having an active live. I have one long term friend left, but I am in NE Florida and she lives in Orlando.
    Your chairs sound wonderful....envisioning them made me smile. Please share a picture of them, with us.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.