I start Physical Therapy Monday morning

I start Physical Therapy Monday morning

Due to my two Auto Immune conditions "Rheumatoid Arthritis" &" Non Hodgkins Lymphoma" I have Peripheral Neuropathy
    affecting both legs and feet. I walk 10 to fifteen miles each week with my walker to try and stay limber and loose but I have lost quite a bit of muscle mass. Just 10 years ago I was 6' 4" 190 lbs and am now still 6'4", but only 162 lbs. My appetite is great and I eat like there is no tomorrow. My hearing since my Cochlear Implant is improved but I still struggle.
    The hearing should be even better after my next adjustment on June 15th. I am looking forward to the Physical Therapy session on Monday. Having things to look forward to is supposedly good for seniors and I guess I fit the bill.

Sounds great, Lon. I have spent many years having PT, OT,and Speech therapy and its a hard road to travel. I wish you the best and glad to see you back on the board. It is good to have things to look forward to. So glad the implant is helping.

You sound quite healthy despite the weight loss. Physio therapy will help get some of your muscle tone, strength and co-ordination back. Good luck with it Lon.

Hi Lon,great to have you back here at SF.
    I had physical therapy when I had my right knee surgery in 2004. I still do the exercises every morning
    The past couple of years I had a problem with my right shoulder,the PT certainly helped.I do exercises twice/day,its not 100% but I can live with it
    I wish you well on Mon,please keep us posted on it went Sue
    Walkers Take It All In Strides

Wish you the best with it !!!

I hope things go well, and you'll be better after the therapy than before. With better hearing and RA being attended to (my wife has it), you're in good shape (for the shape you're in -- ha, just teasing).

Look on the positive side. My brother (who is your age) has PMR, and is wheelchair bound and at home sleeps in his easy chair, is pretty bad off.

He would love to get out and see something besides his living room, but can't.

Quote Originally Posted by exwisehe View Post
    I hope things go well, and you'll be better after the therapy than before. With better hearing and RA being attended to (my wife has it), you're in good shape (for the shape you're in -- ha, just teasing).

Look on the positive side. My brother (who is your age) has PMR, and is wheelchair bound and at home sleeps in his easy chair, is pretty bad off.

He would love to get out and see something besides his living room, but can't.
    when I look at my situation compared to most of my fellow residents at this fine Assisted Living Facility where I live I am content.

i had a patient who told me that his physical therapist was just like his drill sergeant in the army...he was so fun!

So you are back again!

I worked with occupational therapists and they helped a lot.
    Appreciated their patience. Treat them professionally, I advise,
    don't get personal with them.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.