Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Do you know of anyone that has a Boatload of kids ?

Bev, your Dad was a wise father...and to think it lasted a lifetime...I wonder if he realizes that?

That reminds me of when my 4 children had a babysitter. I walked in the door and all 4 met me at the door, all yelling over each other what was their own version of who wronged who.

I said, "Quiet. Everyone take a seat in the dining room, you'll each get a piece of paper and pencil to write down what happened and then we'll talk about it together in a family meeting at the table." They were silent as they all started to write a few sentences. My youngest quickly said, "I'm done, can I go out and play?" Then they all wanted to go out and play and said never mind about the meeting...we don't care.

Yes, we had large families living nearby when I was a kid, a couple of them into double figures. I was friendly with some of those kids, an only child who envied them sometimes.

Funny thing though. I discovered they envied me sometimes too. The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.
    The only people I fear are those who never have doubts ... Billy Joel (Shades of Grey)

I think I'm in Florida, but I'm not sure any more......my GPS blew away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonie View Post
    Yes, we had large families living nearby when I was a kid, a couple of them into double figures. I was friendly with some of those kids, an only child who envied them sometimes.

Funny thing though. I discovered they envied me sometimes too. The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.
    I wanted a brother......my mom kept coming home from the hospital with another sister. Sigh.
    If we're ever in a situation where I am "the voice of reason", then we are in a very, very bad situation.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.