Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Do you know of anyone that has a Boatload of kids ?

Bev, your Dad was a wise father...and to think it lasted a lifetime...I wonder if he realizes that?

That reminds me of when my 4 children had a babysitter. I walked in the door and all 4 met me at the door, all yelling over each other what was their own version of who wronged who.

I said, "Quiet. Everyone take a seat in the dining room, you'll each get a piece of paper and pencil to write down what happened and then we'll talk about it together in a family meeting at the table." They were silent as they all started to write a few sentences. My youngest quickly said, "I'm done, can I go out and play?" Then they all wanted to go out and play and said never mind about the meeting...we don't care.
    "Nothing is so Kingly as Kindness, and nothing so Royal as Truth"

Yes, we had large families living nearby when I was a kid, a couple of them into double figures. I was friendly with some of those kids, an only child who envied them sometimes.

Funny thing though. I discovered they envied me sometimes too. The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.
    The only people I fear are those who never have doubts ... Billy Joel (Shades of Grey)

I think I'm in Florida, but I'm not sure any more......my GPS blew away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonie View Post
    Yes, we had large families living nearby when I was a kid, a couple of them into double figures. I was friendly with some of those kids, an only child who envied them sometimes.

Funny thing though. I discovered they envied me sometimes too. The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.
    I wanted a brother......my mom kept coming home from the hospital with another sister. Sigh.
    If we're ever in a situation where I am "the voice of reason", then we are in a very, very bad situation.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.