Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I finished my first blouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruth n Jersey View Post
    Thanks everyone. My Mom was a great sewer and tried to teach me when I was young but I felt I had better things to do with my time. She is probably looking down at that sorry looking blouse and saying to herself,"you should have learned when you had the chance". I'm learning the hard way now but having fun in the process.
    IMHO, you learned quite a bit and agree you "had better things to do" at that age. How did you ever manage to do both?

Quote Originally Posted by Ruth n Jersey View Post
    Thanks everyone. My Mom was a great sewer and tried to teach me when I was young but I felt I had better things to do with my time. She is probably looking down at that sorry looking blouse and saying to herself,"you should have learned when you had the chance". I'm learning the hard way now but having fun in the process.
    My mother had one of those old sewing machines at home with the foot pedal, and she tried her best to get me interested and teach me in my early teens, but I had other things on my mind. She used to work in a factory making doll clothes. If she looked down on me and saw that I made that blouse, she'd be smiling. I have a brand new sewing machine, still stored in the basement, haven't been inclined to spend the time to learn....maybe some day in the distant future.

RadishRose, I was walking through the store one day and that sewing machine leaped out at me and said buy me. I saw a lady about my age buying thread so I figured she probably knew what she was doing. I asked her if she thought It was a good machine for the price and if she thought I could learn to use it. Maybe she was being nice but she said I shouldn't have a problem. Probably the first time a customer sold a product to another customer. lol

SeaBreeze,you need to get that machine you have in the basement out of storage. No reason why we both can't aggravate and frustrate ourselves together. lol

ruth n jersey that blouse looks very nice---i use to make all my kids clothes and my own but when i moved in with my daughter their is no room to set it up so it is standing over there in a corner

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.