Books / book club?

Books / book club?

Is there a "what are you reading" section on SF? I'm still learning about this site and am clear that just because I can't find something here doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Sorry about the triple negatives in that sentence, but most can probably figure out my meaning.)
    During life's hardest moments - the ones you don't think you can endure - it's helpful to remember that your record for getting through trying times remains at an impressive 100%.

http://www.seniorforums.com/showthre...at-do-you-read

I have a thread about books and put it in the entertainment section.

Thanks! I was pretty sure it had to be somewhere!
    During life's hardest moments - the ones you don't think you can endure - it's helpful to remember that your record for getting through trying times remains at an impressive 100%.

There is also a group that is dedicated to books and reading, StarSong. If you are not familiar with groups here, just click on “community” at the top of the page, and then choose “groups”, and that will show you all of the specialty groups that are on Seniors Forum. You can read without joining (at least on most groups) and then you can click the join group icon if you want to become a member of any group, and be able to post there.
    We need more people to be active in groups, but many people are not aware of this section of the forum, and have never even looked at the groups.
    I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness because it shows me the stars....... Og Mandino

Quote Originally Posted by Happyflowerlady View Post
    There is also a group that is dedicated to books and reading, StarSong. If you are not familiar with groups here, just click on “community” at the top of the page, and then choose “groups”, and that will show you all of the specialty groups that are on Seniors Forum. You can read without joining (at least on most groups) and then you can click the join group icon if you want to become a member of any group, and be able to post there.
    We need more people to be active in groups, but many people are not aware of this section of the forum, and have never even looked at the groups.
    Thank you Happyflowerlady for the info. I’ve seen those groups and wondered if any of them are still active.

Quote Originally Posted by Keesha View Post
    Thank you Happyflowerlady for the info. I’ve seen those groups and wondered if any of them are still active.
    Some of them have not had any posts for a while; but as far as I know, all of them are active, and you can read them. Once you are a member, then you can also comment and start threads, and it would be good if more people would become active in the groups section of the forum. Discussions there usually stay on topic, and no one gets into a thread unless they are actively interested in that topic and have something to say.
    I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness because it shows me the stars....... Og Mandino

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.