Amazon Prime, great TV entertainment

Amazon Prime, great TV entertainment

Does anybody else get this streaming channel? Lately, I've been so caught up in Prime's series and feature films that I don't even have time to watch Netflix or HBO.

The ones I'm currently watching are Downton Abbey (for the third time), The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel (surreal when alternating that with Downton), and The Americans. I plan to try a few others when those three are finished. They also have some pretty good movies. Last night I saw Lady Bird.

I just finished watching A Very English Scandal. Nice and short 3 part mini series based on a true story of an English politician up for a murder trial in the '70's. Hugh Grant was very good in it.

I cut the cable and stream everything now. Prime movies are very good.
    "Wear short sleeves! Support your right to bare arms

We went from cable to satellite (DirecTV), and that was kind of like jumping from the frying pan into the fire, as the old saying goes. As soon as we could get out of that contract, we did, and paid the cancellation fee. The first year were special promotional prices, and then the second year, everything skyrocketed, even though we only had the most basic plan available.
    Now, we have a small antenna that brings in everything that is local for us, and anything else comes over the internet.
    My husband was getting tired of all of the foreign films that were non-English speaking that are on Netflix; so we just cancelled that last month, and now we use Amazon Prime Videos exclusively.
    We are always ordering from Amazon anyway, plus I get all of the free books with Prime Reading, so it is well worth the cost of Prime for us.
    I seldom watch television, but i do love to read, and the Prime Reading has so many books, and new ones all of the time, plus magazines; so for me that is an awesome feature of Amazon.
    I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness because it shows me the stars....... Og Mandino

We have it and love it. There is plenty of interest for both of us, even though our tastes are different. We added HBO to it, and dropped Netflix, and we are happy with that decision. My husband got me interested in watching the series Bosch on Prime. I am into the 4th season now and am enjoying it.
    Don't Stop Believing

I go back and forth between watching Netflix and Amazon Prime I paused my Netflix account for now and started back with watching Prime as of last week. I just finished watching a series called "Sneaky Pete" it grew on me now I can't wait till they air season 3.

Netflix has a lot of series that I'm enthusiastically awaiting their return, so when those shows come back in the fall or whenever, I'll start my account back up with them, but will still likely keep prime as I will still want to use Prime for shopping during that time period.

Another streaming channel that I like is Acorn. It's only $4.99 a month, and features British programming, mostly English but also Irish, Australian, etc. Some of their shows are absolutely wonderful.
    Lots of mysteries, also some nice gentle comedies without all the childish "stuff" in most sitcoms.

With all the streaming channels (at least, the ones you have to pay for), I love the complete absence of commercials.To me, that alone makes it worth the few bucks a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny View Post
    Another streaming channel that I like is Acorn. It's only $4.99 a month, and features British programming, mostly English but also Irish, Australian, etc. Some of their shows are absolutely wonderful.
    Lots of mysteries, also some nice gentle comedies without all the childish "stuff" in most sitcoms.

With all the streaming channels (at least, the ones you have to pay for), I love the complete absence of commercials.To me, that alone makes it worth the few bucks a month.
    I love the Acorn TV channel, too. I also got Britbox, also UK stuff but mostly different than is on Acorn. My son set up the YouTube free streaming thing for me when he was here last. I wasn't aware that there are TONS of movies, series, etc., on YouTube that you can cast to your TV and watch. I'm getting ready to cancel Netflix. I've had it for several years and liked it, but it seems that it is changing for the worse and I can't find much on there I want to watch anymore.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.