Hepatitis "A"

Hepatitis "A"

FYI....

https://norocore.ncsu.edu/two-cases-...olina-hardees/

South Carolina? Oh, goodness, where have you been? Hepatitis A has been a big problem in a lot of locations for years. The worst has been in California with the homeless on the streets where feces and other bloodily fluids are a hepatitis A threat to other people. In Hawaii, we've had a hepatitis A problem because of import of some seafood in restaurants from untested Asian locations. Because of that me and my family and many of our population have gone and got Hepatitis A vaccinations. So far, no Hepatitis A outbreaks in the last couple of years. The thing is eating raw seafood is what is risky here.
    Sing, sing a song. Make it simple to last your whole life long - The Carpenters

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    South Carolina? Oh, goodness, where have you been? Hepatitis A has been a big problem in a lot of locations for years. The worst has been in California with the homeless on the streets where feces and other bloodily fluids are a hepatitis A threat to other people. In Hawaii, we've had a hepatitis A problem because of import of some seafood in restaurants from untested Asian locations. Because of that me and my family and many of our population have gone and got Hepatitis A vaccinations. So far, no Hepatitis A outbreaks in the last couple of years. The thing is eating raw seafood is what is risky here.
    Dealing with clients who often live indigent, marginal lives, everyone in our office has been vaccinated for Hepatitis A and B. It is obligatory.
    Love is a verb.

Hopefully these two employees followed some sanitation/cleaning recommendations. I read somewhere that not washing hands after going to bathroom is one way it's spread. Hopefully local management emphasized a clean policy.

Too many of the fast food chains seem emphasize just getting the order completed rather than appearance & cleanliness. Also many of these places not only have drive thru but they take preorders by phone/internet where the order is taken to your car in the parking lot. So that means an employee is constantly touching/using the doors the public uses-uh oh.

The only saving grace is that many places are emphasize fresher food which means less is lying around to be handled/shuffled around by different employees. One 'dirty' employee can mess that up though.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.