Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hello and a question ...

Thanks for the link - just skimmed it but very useful. Mark

Thanks moviequeen1. I live in Burlington - about halfway between you and Toronto. I have family in Niagara Falls on the Canadian side though so I'm often in that neck of the woods - biking along the Niagara Parkway or stumbling around wineries. Mark

Thanks John. I think I underestimated some of these hiking trails. I was in the Himalayas a few years ago but when I look at Angel's Landing I think I have my work cut out. Mark

Hollydolly - they sure did - and thanks to all who took the time to welcome me; a very friendly group indeed. Mark

I would check out KSL , they are having some problems Zion/Bryce canyon, I live here in Utah, you want to keep an eye on the weather and other things, just like everywhere else
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkBonner View Post
    Thanks RadishRose - appreciated

I think I'm in Florida, but I'm not sure any more......my GPS blew away.
    Welcome, Mark!

I've not been to Bryce but we spent a week in Zion a few years ago.

I had planned to take The Narrows hike up the slot canyon where you have to walk in the river most of the way, but the park service banned it because the water was a bit high, but mostly because the water was even colder than usual, and "usual" is very, very cold. They had to also outlaw tubing on the Virgin River as people were getting hypothermic and having to be carted off to the hospital. The Virgin River is gorgeous.....it's sort of a milky jade color from the snow melt. The Angel's Landing trail is spectacular but scary as heck at times. The Pa'Rus River Trail is lovely and very easy.

Zion is beyond beautiful. The rock formations are breathtaking. During peak tourist season, you can't drive in much of the park but there are shuttles that take you from the visitor center to most points. Parking at the visitor center fills up very early in the morning most days, so you might have to park in Springdale and either take a shuttle or walk (it's not that long a walk) to the visitor center.

You can drive through the tunnel over to the slick rock side of the park, where the scenery is quite different.

Sorry I can't help with Bryce.
    If we're ever in a situation where I am "the voice of reason", then we are in a very, very bad situation.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.