Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 46 to 50 of 50

Losing Weight by Cutting Carbs

  1. #46
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Stuck inside of Mobile, with the Memphis Blues again.
    Posts
    1,774
    Quote Originally Posted by PVC View Post
    Oops, how embarrassing, now I feel like I've been preaching to the choir. If you've been lifting weights for 12 years, forget about the measly 15 lbs, you must look great regardless. And congrats for staying with it for that long, wish I had and had not given it up.
    I lift, but I'm not a fanatic about it. At 215 lbs. I have a gut.



    The only time I take my shirt off is in the shower.

    And then I avoid the mirror like a vampire.
    "Some velvet morning when I'm straight"

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Southern AZ
    Posts
    246
    Quote Originally Posted by Trade View Post
    I lift, but I'm not a fanatic about it. At 215 lbs. I have a gut.
    The only way to get rid of belly fat is with lots of crunches, but I'm sure you already know that. But, I've also read that some people cannot get rid of belly fat even if they do 1000 crunches a day. The only way they can get rid of it (permanently) is with liposuction. Don't know if you hate it enough to have surgery for it. Liposuction is usually safe, but like all surgery, there's always a risk. I don't think I would bother myself, losing weight at my age is mainly for health reasons.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Stuck inside of Mobile, with the Memphis Blues again.
    Posts
    1,774
    Quote Originally Posted by PVC View Post
    The only way to get rid of belly fat is with lots of crunches, but I'm sure you already know that. But, I've also read that some people cannot get rid of belly fat even if they do 1000 crunches a day. The only way they can get rid of it (permanently) is with liposuction. Don't know if you hate it enough to have surgery for it. Liposuction is usually safe, but like all surgery, there's always a risk. I don't think I would bother myself, losing weight at my age is mainly for health reasons.
    1000 crunches a day?

    Liposuction?

    <font size="3">

    I think I'll keep my gut.


    "Some velvet morning when I'm straight"

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    midwest USA
    Posts
    426
    You might use the carbohydrate scale used by some dieticians
    concerned with diabetes. Look it up on google.
    You count your carbs grams as carbohydrate choices and add up
    the number of choices (units) per day. So you could aim for 9-10 carbo
    choices per day. It gives you more flexibility eating.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Stuck inside of Mobile, with the Memphis Blues again.
    Posts
    1,774
    Quote Originally Posted by PVC View Post
    And congrats for staying with it for that long, wish I had and had not given it up.
    I hear you on that. I lifted some way back in High School. Then I took 40 years off. When I went back I was in sad shape.
    "Some velvet morning when I'm straight"

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.

Similar Threads

  1. Losing weight.
    By IKE in forum Weight Loss and Fitness
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 03-16-2018, 03:55 PM
  2. Easiest and Effective Way to See Weight Loss is to Cut the Carbs
    By SeaBreeze in forum Weight Loss and Fitness
    Replies: 78
    Last Post: 09-21-2017, 09:58 AM
  3. Senior Weight Exercise - Low Weight and Higher Reps Healthier for Bones
    By SeaBreeze in forum Weight Loss and Fitness
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-18-2017, 02:02 PM
  4. Losing weight while eating over 2000 calories a day
    By Ahuvah in forum Weight Loss and Fitness
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-15-2014, 07:03 PM
  5. Losing weight when u can't exercise
    By libs in forum Health
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 08-03-2013, 10:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Family & Health Forums: Pet Forums - Health Forum