Anyone had experience with Meloxicam?

Anyone had experience with Meloxicam?

I was just Rx this for an inflammatory arthritis like condition involving rib area cartilage. Long wierd name of costochronditis. Or ever had that?, Only 1 dose so far but it seemed to give some relief.

I use to take it, but because I take a blood thinner, I had to stop taking it. I use Tramadol now.
    Last night my dog went on the paper 3 times. Problem is...I was reading it.

Thanks for replying, Pappy. When you did take it how did it work for you? Any side effects? I expect to be taking it only as long as it takes for this condition to clear up.

About three years ago before I went on blood thinners. I didn’t have any after effects. I was taking it for my back as I have osteoarthritis and it did help ease the pain.
    Last night my dog went on the paper 3 times. Problem is...I was reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezerette View Post
    Thanks for replying, Pappy. When you did take it how did it work for you? Any side effects? I expect to be taking it only as long as it takes for this condition to clear up.
    Will the condition actually clear up? Or does the med merely mask/ease the pain?

I was just Rx this for an inflammatory arthritis like condition involving rib area cartilage. Long wierd name of costochronditis. Or ever had that?, Only 1 dose so far but it seemed to give some relief.

https://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-9...m-oral/details

My husband has been taking Meloxicam for several years now for his knees. My sister recommended it to him. She and my BIL take it as well. So do their dogs lol (But the doggie version) I think hubby is about at the end of the road with it though-he`s just gotta get his knees replaced. He`s now using a TENS unit on them,which is helping more than the Meloxicam.

Oh,but I should say that the Meloxicam has worked well for him since he started it. Supposed to be hard on the kidneys though. He has regular labs done to keep an eye on that.

RGP, the costochronditis will eventually clear up, as long as I don't do the kinds of things that brought it on in the first place, like stretching & twisting to try to put a heavy thing on a high shelf. & not succumb to that idea : "I can still do everything if I only try hard enough"

RGP, the costochronditis will eventually clear up, as long as I don't do the kinds of things that brought it on in the first place, like stretching & twisting to try to put a heavy thing on a high shelf. & not succumb to that idea : "I can still do everything if I only try hard enough"

Thanks & got'cha . I did some reading on it which explained it in a similar way. I just did not post my findings quick enough.

Good luck with it....hope it brings ya some relief.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.