Amazon Prime Day

Amazon Prime Day

Is anybody going to take advantage of their sale this weekend? I notice that they're also offering great deals at Whole Foods, which is of greater interest to me.

Still, if Amazon has a good price on an instant pot, I may take the plunge.
    Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be. - Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by StarSong View Post
    Is anybody going to take advantage of their sale this weekend? I notice that they're also offering great deals at Whole Foods, which is of greater interest to me.

Still, if Amazon has a good price on an instant pot, I may take the plunge.
    Have you used a pressure cooker before, Starsong?

I have not but I bought my daughter an IP a couple of yours ago. She swears by it, as do a number of my friends who own them.

My mother had a pressure cooker back in the 50s/60s, but there were a couple of, um, unfortunate incidents with it and so out it went. Never tried one myself.
    Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be. - Abraham Lincoln

Exclamation

We have a Whole Foods near us, so I went last week.
    They had a promotion that if you spent $10+, then you could get a $10 discount for Prime Day on anything that you purchase. There are also weekly food specials that are just for Prime members.
    To get the discounts, you need to download the Whole Foods app to your phone, and then there is one of those little square scanner thingies that you let them scan when you are checking out with your groceries, and it takes off any of the Prime discounts for you.

Amazon has some really great deals for readers today !
    If you subscribe to the Kindle first, each month they give you a selection of six new books and you can choose one for free each month.
    It doesn’t cost anything to do this, you just have to be a Prime member.

If you subscribe today, or even if you are already subscribed to this Prime benefit, today, you can get all six books for free !
    Also, there are a lot of Kindle books on sale, and if you buy one, then part of that purchase price also counts towards your next Kindle purchase.

Kindle also has a special on the Kindle Unlimited, today only.
    It is normally $9.99 per month for this feature (which is too much money for me to spend each month), but if you sign up today, the first three months are only 99 cents .......what a bargain !
    You can cancel at any time, so I am going to use my three months and read as many of the books as I can, and then cancel before the price goes up.
    I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness because it shows me the stars....... Og Mandino

I haven't looked at the deals, but I did try to buy a Kindle book earlier. I got some error message that said "if your book does not download, call 1-800-xxxx." I guess their servers are overloaded with traffic today.

I think that they are overloaded. Try using amazon smiles instead. I use that all of the time when we order because you can choose a charity that you like and each time you order from amazon, they donate a little bit to your charity.
    It doesn’t cost you anything extra, and it helps out the charity.
    You can either choose a large charity, or a local one. Mine goes to our local free health clinic, which helps people who have no insurance to see a doctor, but you can pick just about any charity that you want to support.
    Here is the link for Amazon Smiles:

https://smile.amazon.com/?tag=bitc-catch-pczz-pzz-us-20
    I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness because it shows me the stars....... Og Mandino

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.