Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Just diagnosed with shingles

Quote Originally Posted by KingsX View Post
    I'm with you.

My career was in a medical related field. After decades working with for profit doctors and hospitals, I came to realize they are not the benevolent gods people often idolize... and that's especially true for drug companies. Have you noticed, along with all the ads for drugs there are also ads for attorneys who sue drug companies over their drugs' deadly side effects.

Actually I believe that all of us [that are paying attention] have noticed that.

And no, I do not place doctors on a pedestal either. As i have discussed before I am seriously considering dropping mine....and going to a naturopathic practitioner . Just haven't mustard up the nerve yet.

Reason?......if I do not achieve the relief I'm looking / hoping for....then I'll need to start all over with doctors again.

That said......I am becoming less believing [in] doctors as time goes on....I keep going, but here again, nothing ever improves . I still hurt, some days 'a-bunch' . Psoriasis still there etc....

Quote Originally Posted by KingsX View Post
    Her lack of taking drugs that other people take routinely may have been her secret to success.

The body's natural immune system protects us against disease. Obviously her immune system excelled in its duty.

We should all be so blessed.
    One of the first things I talked about when I arrived at this group was that I had been taking grape seed extract for about 23 yrs and have a very good immune system. I had chicken pox as a kid but NEVER had a shingle vaccine and no plans to do that. I take other supplements too and not a slave to pharma....

If I really had a need for a pharma drug, I'd go there..but I take BP meds and thyroid and that's it. OTC pain meds for arthritis...and supplements and closing in on 80 soon.

Quote Originally Posted by rgp View Post
    Actually I believe that all of us [that are paying attention] have noticed that.

And no, I do not place doctors on a pedestal either. As i have discussed before I am seriously considering dropping mine....and going to a naturopathic practitioner . Just haven't mustard up the nerve yet.

Reason?......if I do not achieve the relief I'm looking / hoping for....then I'll need to start all over with doctors again.

That said......I am becoming less believing [in] doctors as time goes on....I keep going, but here again, nothing ever improves . I still hurt, some days 'a-bunch' . Psoriasis still there etc....
    Have you considered Grape Seed Ex for a good trial and again I'm not sure what your issues but you did mention psoriasis above....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.