Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

In relation to the....Junk mail / money thread

Early 80s one of my hubbys coworkers and his wife were do a refund of,ball park,240.00,a check came in the amount of 2400.00,the wife who was the money manager of the household deposited it into an interest bearing savings account,remember those???

Long story short,they found their error about a year later and demanded their money back with interest,they returned the original amount,called it good and the matter stayed resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by Keesha View Post
    Iím not judging at all.
    We get an accountant and get her to do it for us every year and our refund is usually about the same each time.
    Iím very thankful for that because I really donít like doing it.
    I wonít comment on whether you need an attorney or not since I have no idea.
    Same here, Keesha, except that one of our daughters does our taxes. She's been doing them for the past 10-15 years and as in your case, the amount is pretty much the same each year.

Here's the latest & I hope the last...

Believe it or not, the IRS returned my call. The short version is .......Block made a mistake on my return, causing me to overpay for the year. They {IRS} refunded me the mistake amount . Then, I did not deposit it quickly enough.....so they sent another check.

IRS lady said just return the amount of one of the checks...and we're all square.

I started going to Block, when the electronic filing became mandatory...Perhaps I'll start doing my own again?

Quote Originally Posted by rgp View Post
    Here's the latest & I hope the last...

Believe it or not, the IRS returned my call. The short version is .......Block made a mistake on my return, causing me to overpay for the year. They {IRS} refunded me the mistake amount . Then, I did not deposit it quickly enough.....so they sent another check.

IRS lady said just return the amount of one of the checks...and we're all square.

I started going to Block, when the electronic filing became mandatory...Perhaps I'll start doing my own again?
    What a happy ending this is! Thanks for letting us know how it turned out.
    During life's hardest moments - the ones you don't think you can endure - it's helpful to remember that your record for getting through trying times remains at an impressive 100%.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.