Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Still Missing

I have read / heard that there are literally 100's of people that for what ever reason?....Just walk away from their life every year. Was this maybe one of those? Or were there signs of a crime?

Of course a person has every right to do that....but I imagine it drives family / loved ones absolutely crazy , the never knowing.

I would (and have) cautioned young women that if they're alone and someone pulls up and asks directions, etc. do not get close - in fact it's okay to just keep walking. Let them get directions from someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by 911 View Post

I know now that some women should fear the man that they are living with. As we in law enforcement always say, “Most murders are committed by someone that is known by the victim.” If a women is fearful of the man in their home, they should seek protection from their local police and court and also go to the nearest safe house.

I watch the ID/Discovery [true crime] channel and many times police being interviewed say the same thing.

My ex-husband was abusive, especially when he drank alcohol. A few times I thought he was going to kill me. One night he left our house and hours later a stranger [a nurse at a local hospital] called me [apparently he had given her our phone number and asked her to call me.] She was walking to her car and he accosted her drunk and talking crazy. I could tell she was scared and almost in tears. I told her he is dangerous, to get away from him and call the police. Then I called my mother and she said to take my own advice and come home. So I quickly gathered some things and threw them in my car to leave before he returned home. He arrived just as I was leaving. I believe if I had not left that night, I would be dead. Many years after my divorce, I heard he had kidnapped his girlfriend. I don't know exactly what he did to her. But he wound up in a mental hospital for the criminally insane.

The lady missing was seen standing at the bus stop by a co-worker who had left the shift at the same time, but was going in the opposite direction. This woman just like vanished. Back then, not too many business or other commercial buildings had cameras outside. In fact, most didn't even had cameras on the inside.

I have to go near where she went missing again in a few weeks, so I will go back there and walk around and maybe have the opportunity to speak with a few people. I can almost guarantee anyone that someone knows something. It just has to be at the right time and place to get them to talk.
    "Nothing good happens after 2:00 a.m."

Quote Originally Posted by KingsX View Post
    I watch the ID/Discovery [true crime] channel and many times police being interviewed say the same thing.

My ex-husband was abusive, especially when he drank alcohol. A few times I thought he was going to kill me. One night he left our house and hours later a stranger [a nurse at a local hospital] called me [apparently he had given her our phone number and asked her to call me.] She was walking to her car and he accosted her drunk and talking crazy. I could tell she was scared and almost in tears. I told her he is dangerous, to get away from him and call the police. Then I called my mother and she said to take my own advice and come home. So I quickly gathered some things and threw them in my car to leave before he returned home. He arrived just as I was leaving. I believe if I had not left that night, I would be dead. Many years after my divorce, I heard he had kidnapped his girlfriend. I don't know exactly what he did to her. But he wound up in a mental hospital for the criminally insane.
    You're one of the lucky ones. The most dangerous time for a woman when she is separating from her husband or SO is when she is actually leaving. It infuriates a lot of men to see their woman walk out on them. Many men claim women as property and to see their property leave makes it a very personal issue to many men. We have always suggested to woman who want to leave to never threaten to do it, but just do it. Leave a note, if they must, but no forwarding address. Most importantly, take the little ones with them.
    "Nothing good happens after 2:00 a.m."

Quote Originally Posted by 911 View Post
    The lady missing was seen standing at the bus stop by a co-worker who had left the shift at the same time, but was going in the opposite direction. This woman just like vanished. Back then, not too many business or other commercial buildings had cameras outside. In fact, most didn't even had cameras on the inside.

I have to go near where she went missing again in a few weeks, so I will go back there and walk around and maybe have the opportunity to speak with a few people. I can almost guarantee anyone that someone knows something. It just has to be at the right time and place to get them to talk.
    Sometimes a person may know some useful information and not realize it. Maybe saw the person talking to someone several times, maybe the victim was having trouble with a neighbor, maybe they felt they were being followed but hadn't reported to police - especially back before stalking became a crime.

Unfortunately, the person who knew or saw something may no longer remember, or they might have moved or passed away.
    Last edited by applecruncher; 07-15-2018 at 12:46 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.