Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Still Missing

Still Missing

Twenty-nine years ago, I aided in investigating a missing hospital worker in Montgomery County. Today, she is still missing and although we have our suspicions, we can prove nothing.

We believe that she was grabbed as she waited for the bus by someone she probably knew. The young lady, 23, was somewhat mentally challenged, so she probably would have been very trusting.

Even today, this case really bothers me and sometimes keeps me awake at nights. I have gone back to those people that knew her and interviewed them a number of times, hoping that maybe one of that would make a Freudian slip.

I fear the worse, but will not stop looking on my own time now that I am retired and is allowed until she is found; dead or alive. I have nothing but time.

Thanks for reading.
    Last edited by 911; 07-11-2018 at 06:07 PM. Reason: I typed the wrong number of years. My big fingers do that sometimes.
    "Nothing good happens after 2:00 a.m."

You're very kind and caring for continuing the search on your own 911, I hope you can find some answers to what happened to this poor young woman. Best of luck to you, please post if you get any valuable leads or discoveries. It would be great is she was still alive and doing okay...but I doubt that is likely.

You're quite a guy, 911!

Quote Originally Posted by 911 View Post
    Twenty years ago, I aided in investigating a missing hospital worker in Montgomery County. Today, she is still missing and although we have our suspicions, we can prove nothing.

We believe that she was grabbed as she waited for the bus by someone she probably knew. The young lady, 23, was somewhat mentally challenged, so she probably would have been very trusting.

Even today, this case really bothers me and sometimes keeps me awake at nights. I have gone back to those people that knew her and interviewed them a number of times, hoping that maybe one of that would make a Freudian slip.

I fear the worse, but will not stop looking on my own time now that I am retired and is allowed until she is found; dead or alive. I have nothing but time.

Thanks for reading.
    911, not only are you the gold star re police officers, you are a wonderful human being. We are blessed to have you on sf. I wish you the best on your search for that poor woman.
    Love is a verb.

You are the best 911, and the rest of us can sleep better at night knowing people like you are there.

Q (at the risk of sounding obvious, sorry...): is there anyone you can trust to give all your information to look at? New eyes, as it were.
    Drama-free

Quote Originally Posted by JFBev View Post
    You are the best 911, and the rest of us can sleep better at night knowing people like you are there.

Q (at the risk of sounding obvious, sorry...): is there anyone you can trust to give all your information to look at? New eyes, as it were.
    The case is still open, but has been placed in the cold case files. All of my notes and interviews are included in the files. We feel that she has met her fate, but I never gave up hope that if I couldn’t find her that I could find someone who knows more than what has been told. Anyone that has met their fate at the hands of another deserve justice.

Reminds me of the Jodi Huisentruit case - Iowa newswoman disappeared in 1995, evidence of a struggle in her apartment parking lot, never found or heard from. I'm sure you know about that case...every so often it's mentioned on Forensic Files or similar program.

Must be terrible for families in such cases...not knowing.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalimar View Post
    911, not only are you the gold star re police officers, you are a wonderful human being. We are blessed to have you on sf. I wish you the best on your search for that poor woman.
    Yes we are blessed to have you here. Good luck on the search!

Hi 911,I agree with what everybody else has said about you. I hope in your search you'll find any new clues which you can share with us Sue
    Walkers Take It All In Strides

Quote Originally Posted by applecruncher View Post
    Reminds me of the Jodi Huisentruit case - Iowa newswoman disappeared in 1995, evidence of a struggle in her apartment parking lot, never found or heard from. I'm sure you know about that case...every so often it's mentioned on Forensic Files or similar program.

Must be terrible for families in such cases...not knowing.
    Yes, this case is still used as a teaching case when studying finding and/or investigating missing persons. When I studied missing persons at the FBI Academy in Virginia, this case was micro analyzed from A-Z. Jody’s case remains open and is still being investigated as any new information is received. The law enforcement and FBI do not have any suspects or persons of interest. In many of these missing person cases, we just need someone to come forward and tell law enforcement what’s what.

When dealing with the families of a missing person, you deal with several different personalities because each person has a different emotion going on. Some may be worried, some may be afraid, some may be upset emotionally or want to physically do harm to someone and so on.

I always found it best best to be positive, but make no promises. What brought this case to mind was that I was in New York City over the weekend and on my way back on Monday, I asked my wife if we could take a little side trip. She knew right away that I was going to go to Montgomery and just check things out. It has been a long time, but you have hope that maybe someone that is still alive has knowledge of the case or may have heard something from someone else. It’s always worth a chance.

As I was walking around the bus stop where we think she was taken from, there was a man about 50 or so years old who I asked if he was a long time resident of the area. He said he was, so I asked him if he was aware or the case and he said that he remembered it, so I asked him what he thought may have happened. It’s sometimes funny the answers that you get to that kind of question. OTOH, sometimes you get very interesting answers, as well.

[QUOTE=911;853437]Twenty-nine years ago, I aided in investigating a missing hospital worker in Montgomery County. Today, she is still missing and although we have our suspicions, we can prove nothing./QUOTE]

There are hundreds of thousands of unsolved murders in the US, over the past half century....and the rate of solving these homicides is declining. http://www.decodedc.com/how-many-uns...re-in-the-u-s/

At any given time, there are 10's of thousands of Missing Person cases. https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...bers/16110709/

No matter how hard the police try, they will Never solve thousands of such cases....especially when those involved refuse to cooperate in the investigation, or just lie to the police.
    It's been Scientifically proven that those who have more Birthdays, Live Longer.

We have a case here where a young woman was abducted from a store and murdered in 1984. New DNA evidence has surfaced. She was found but her killer never was, the crime lab lost the bullet that was removed from her head. Her mother has dementia and her dad has passed away. They always suspected her ex boyfriend but could never place him at the scene. There was no camera footage. The detective never gave up.

The search never ends...

Quote Originally Posted by 911 View Post
    The case is still open, but has been placed in the cold case files. All of my notes and interviews are included in the files. We feel that she has met her fate, but I never gave up hope that if I couldn’t find her that I could find someone who knows more than what has been told. Anyone that has met their fate at the hands of another deserve justice.
    Yes! Here's hoping you're successful!
    Drama-free

Agreed, there are 1000’s of missing people and many more occur each day. Some are runaways and some go unwilling. All or most may never be found, but many policemen and women have that one case that may continue to haunt them. Sometimes, we just feel in our bones that there has to be an answer to solve that particular case.

I like Warrigal’s signature line. Nothing could be further from the truth. I tell all women living in their domicile without a man to keep a light on at night over each entry door. It’s also a good idea to make sure that all doors and windows are locked before going to bed and if affordable, to have a security company monitor for illegal entry.

I know now that some women should fear the man that they are living with. As we in law enforcement always say, “Most murders are committed by someone that is known by the victim.” If a women is fearful of the man in their home, they should seek protection from their local police and court and also go to the nearest safe house.

5 words:

Farrah Fawcett - The Burning Bed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.