Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

What's In Your Car Right Now ?

A box of tissues. Two umbrellas, my light jacket, a tote with two freezer bags so when we go grocery shopping at Aldi.
    A half package of Rolaids, a bottle of hand sanitizer, a map of eastern United States and 3 quarters.
    Scientists created a six-legged turkey for families who fight over the drumsticks. But the turkeys escaped, and no one can catch them.

I keep my car relatively clean and tidy.

There is always 1 car seat in the back, because I take one of my young granddaughters to her preschool Mon, Wed and Fri. Sometimes there's booster seat too, for when I take two of my younger grandkids for an outing.

Other than that, there are some things I keep in my car routinely. A cardigan (I am in and out of client's homes, and sometimes I freeze!!) In the doors, or the console on the dash I keep sunglasses, hand sanitizer, an extra pair of glasses, hand lotion, gloves, extra napkins and a small trash container. In the center console I keep chapstick, scissors, nail clippers, extra car air freshener inserts (I have a holder that clips to the air vent) lens cleaner, tape measure and a multi tool.

In the trunk I have a small crate that holds the things I use to when I take my car to be washed...window cleaner, paper towels, some soft micro cloths, spray cleaner. I also keep my re-usable grocery bags in there, plus a soft pad made especially to put down in a store cart for when I take my dogs to the pet store. They're tiny, (3 lbs each) and their little paws would slip through if they weren't on something.
    Everything is always OK in the end. If it's not, then it's not the end!

Ronni....I had one of those air fresheners clipped the same way too. Then I noticed a film kept building up inside my windshield. Happened two or three times and I finally moved the freshener to the rear seat and the windshield has stopped fogging up. It’s tough to get it off too.
    Scientists created a six-legged turkey for families who fight over the drumsticks. But the turkeys escaped, and no one can catch them.

Quote Originally Posted by Pappy View Post
    Ronni....I had one of those air fresheners clipped the same way too. Then I noticed a film kept building up inside my windshield. Happened two or three times and I finally moved the freshener to the rear seat and the windshield has stopped fogging up. It’s tough to get it off too.
    Really Pappy??? That's fascinating...I have a film on my windshield too!!! And my rear view mirror! I never connected the two...who knew???

Well I'll definitely move it now..see if it changes anything! Thanks for the tip!!!
    Everything is always OK in the end. If it's not, then it's not the end!

If you find a good cleaner, besides windex, let me know. It’s a stinker to get it off.

Pappy, don't use any window cleaner with ammonia or alcohol in it...especially on tinted windows. The best auto window cleaner for the money would be Meguiar's Perfect Clarity G8224:

Meguiar’s are the market leading brand in the detailing world where they produce one of the best detailing products in every aspect of the car washing world. The G8224 Perfect Clarity is one of the best car glass cleaners for the money.
    Some of the notable features of the Meguiar’s G8224 include:

• Anti hazing solution
    • Streak free finish
    • Can be used within direct sunlight
    • Fights bugs, tree sap, vinyl fog, road grime and droppings
    • Safe on all windows including tinted

This auto glass cleaner itself is hugely popular across the US for its strong cleaning properties that can cut through the toughest of dirt in seconds. The Meguiar’s car window cleaner provides long lasting clarity and prevents the hazing with the heating or air con turned on.

Thanks Lara. Never heard of it but will go online and order a bottle. Never could stop the streaking using Windex.

Cleaning the inside of the windshield is a real chore....especially for us older folks. The best tool I've found is one of these "Microfiber Wands". It's long handle, and the microfiber pad, make this chore fairly easy, and it does a real good job...even with Windex. You can find these for sale for as little as $2 on the Internet....or 2 for $9 at Walmart.

https://www.koleimports.com/microfib...d-cleaner-wand
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/2-Windshie...-New/135370829
    It's been Scientifically proven that those who have more Birthdays, Live Longer.

We keep a couple of microfibre cloths too. There's also a few pound coins or tokens for the supermarket trolly, a road atlas and the odd USB stick with music on it. Otherwise it's a new car so hasn't accumulated much clutter.
    We're not here for a long time. We're here for a good time

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.