Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

How alone are you?

just about every day with female friends...Victor. I meet up with friends when my dog and I go hiking. Plus I have a horse and lots of barn friends. I also work part time at the farm so boarders stand around and chat. And I still work full time as well so chat with co-workers at shift change. The home I work at is single staffed.

visit your daughter in Arizona and stop by Kingman so I can take you to dinner and share my 'like' woes with you! , Chuck from Az

Northeast PA. Live near the NASCAR track, with deer, bears, rabbits. On an always growing lawn.
    I live alone. I also live in a fairly rural area. Plus, I'm disabled- I'm in a wheelchair. Now, I can't drive. That keeps me at home. Transportation is a big problem. A taxi ride to my neurologist costs me $40-50 ONE way. Also, I've been disabled for 18 years, and home bound, so my circle of friends has deteriorated.

Sounds like you're hanging in there, Rick. I like your favorite books, but you left out Puff, mother and father! I'll bet a nice set of those would cost a pretty penny now! Keep your chin up, Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzybuddy View Post
    I live alone. I also live in a fairly rural area. Plus, I'm disabled- I'm in a wheelchair. Now, I can't drive. That keeps me at home. Transportation is a big problem. A taxi ride to my neurologist costs me $40-50 ONE way. Also, I've been disabled for 18 years, and home bound, so my circle of friends has deteriorated.
    I'm confused fuzzy, I thought that you had relocated to an assisted living facility.

Are you back home?

Northeast PA. Live near the NASCAR track, with deer, bears, rabbits. On an always growing lawn.
    Yeah, right now I'm at the home. I'm going back home in a week or two. But I'm going back to the same situation as before I got ill. While I met some good friends here,at the home; I want to be back home, even if socializing is limited.

Yeah, right now I'm at the home. I'm going back home in a week or two. But I'm going back to the same situation as before I got ill. While I met some good friends here,at the home; I want to be back home, even if socializing is limited.
    At this stage in your life situation, you need some help with care. I remember reading that you were looking at selling your big rural place and moving to a more central location closer to available help. Here in AZ we have a Council of Aging where they can look at your situation and either give you or suggest help. Do you have something like that there, where someone can come to your house and analyze your situation and options? If you're in a wheelchair your independence is already compromised and limited. Take care of yourself.

I hope you reconsider.

I hate to see you go back to a life of isolation especially if you have had to give up driving.

Good luck, fuzzy!

Socializing is real important at our age fuzzybuddy. I hope you decide to stay at the home.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.