Results 1 to 9 of 9

Blazing Saddles....

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    288

    Thumbs up Blazing Saddles....

    It's been MANY years since we watched Blazing Saddles so we fired it up on Netflix (or Prime...can't remember which one) last night. I remember at one time, I thought it was a funny movie.....last night, I thought it was one of the dumbest movies I'd ever wasted my time on!



    I guess as you get older, you're perspective changes...haha

    Have you watched a movie from years ago that you've changed your opinion on now???

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    2,280
    I feel the same way. I cannot even sit through it any more. Though I do like Frankie Lane singing the Theme Song

    <strong>
    Don't Stop Believing

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    288
    Quote Originally Posted by Marie5656 View Post
    I feel the same way. I cannot even sit through it any more. Though I do like Frankie Lane singing the Theme Song

    <strong>
    Haha...I agree. That's the ONLY redeemable part of the whole movie.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Buffalo,NY
    Posts
    1,336
    Hi Colleen,Mel Brooks humor is not for everybody,but I agree with you and Marie about 'Blazing Saddles'.
    The first time I saw 'Jaws''75, I was in my early 20's,it scared the living 'bejesus' out of me,didn't want to go into the ocean/lake anytime soon.In 2015,I went with friends to see the 40th anniv of movie.I could tell the shark for some of the underwater scenes was mechanical not as frightening real as 1st time.Sue
    Walkers Take It All In Strides

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    2,280
    ​Two words. YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN
    Don't Stop Believing

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    288
    Quote Originally Posted by moviequeen1 View Post
    Hi Colleen,Mel Brooks humor is not for everybody,but I agree with you and Marie about 'Blazing Saddles'.
    The first time I saw 'Jaws''75, I was in my early 20's,it scared the living 'bejesus' out of me,didn't want to go into the ocean/lake anytime soon.In 2015,I went with friends to see the 40th anniv of movie.I could tell the shark for some of the underwater scenes was mechanical not as frightening real as 1st time.Sue
    Never could watch Jaws...YIKES!!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Phoenix
    Posts
    1,376
    This happens to me more for music over movies but the one movie that stands out for me is 2001. When I first saw it I thought it was the greatest movie ever made. A couple of years ago I tried to watch it again and couldn't get past the 20 minute mark.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    288
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkinPhx View Post
    This happens to me more for music over movies but the one movie that stands out for me is 2001. When I first saw it I thought it was the greatest movie ever made. A couple of years ago I tried to watch it again and couldn't get past the 20 minute mark.
    I know...right?! I also was bored with Dune. My husband loves that movie. It was just too out there for me. I've tried several times to watch it but only make it for about 20 minutes.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    288
    We also watched "Witness" a couple nights ago. We hadn't seen it in years but I must say...we thoroughly enjoyed it as much as when we saw it back in the '80's.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Family & Health Forums: Pet Forums - Health Forum