Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Anxiety disorder

Haha ------"Even coffee is addictive. " If you want to see a panic attack, you should be here when I arise and my wife tells me that I forgot to pick up a can of coffee the night before!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DaveA View Post
    Haha ------"Even coffee is addictive. " If you want to see a panic attack, you should be here when I arise and my wife tells me that I forgot to pick up a can of coffee the night before!!!!
    Right on. Even if the cream or milk is gone.

This is the way I look at it. It's a tough world out there. Whatever it takes to get through it, do it.

We are lucky to have the diagnostics now and the prescriptions.

Exactly Camper....would rather be able to function somewhat normally even if its addictive, meaning you have to stay on the med for a long time....the gp can test your blood every six months, asking if you're having any side effects, for kidney and liver functions , while the psyche doc gets that report plus has you visit every three months with alot of questions asked....I obviously know this from experience over many years....

Goodbye July, hello hot month of August.....

Totally agree. At this stage of the game why should we suffer when there is help out there; supervised by the Dr. of course.

Quote Originally Posted by RadishRose View Post
    Totally agree. At this stage of the game why should we suffer when there is help out there; supervised by the Dr. of course.
    Amen to that RR

Goodbye July, hello hot month of August.....

I never get THAT anxious about ANYTHING................unless the house is moving with me in it.

To say it is all in your head is useless. Of course it is in your head (mind or brain) so are all other mental difficulties.
    That does not make it easier, it makes it tougher. It's not like a headache.
    There is an anxiety discussion forum filled with sufferers around the world and some advice.
    Medications are evaluated. Zoloft is very commonly used.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon View Post
    I never get THAT anxious about ANYTHING................unless the house is moving with me in it.
    I hear you on that one from So. Calif.

What if the hot water tank is coming down the hall? Happened to my br in law.

That is good advice, a psychiatrist would be the best doctor to see with anxiety. It would be hard for me to do, I only go out to the doctor to get my diabetes and hbp meds. I'm over the attack I had last Friday/Saturday. I have been having some success with the CBD oil, not sure if it did reduce/stop the attack I had last week but I did start taking it Saturday and have every day since. It has almost eliminated the pain in my back and shoulder. Stopping this pain should help reduce anxiety. I appreciate all the advice everyone has given in this thread, anything that increases the knowledge about anxiety gives more options.
    Love all. Trust few. Everything's real but not everyone's true.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalimar View Post
    Wellbutrin is tricky. During a low point in my life, I tried it. It made me suicidal. Low dose Paxil worked. Xanax is effectife for anxiety. With the current opioid epidemic in BC, psychiatrists are the only medical professionals able to prescribe in in effective amounts. Everyone else is held captive by the licensing boards. If a person is exhibiting drowsy symptoms re taking Xanax, the dose should be lowered. Initially, most patients try a quarter or half a m tablet.
    I wouldn't want to take anything that would make me suicidal, I have had thoughts already without any med.
    Love all. Trust few. Everything's real but not everyone's true.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveA View Post
    Big difference between being addicted or dependent on caffeine compared to a stronger narcotic such as Vicodin, OxyContin or Dilaudid. Some people use these drugs to feel normal without realizing that they are also destroying their liver and other organs, not to mention the financial and social burdens that they are placing on themselves.

Caffeine has a very short half life and the withdrawals are elementary compared to heavier drugs that may also make one feel normal. If you’re 65 y/o and are taking a pill to feel normal, but have expectations that you will live to 85, that may only be wishful thinking.

Just think about the young people that we have lost because they wanted to feel normal, so they took a pill. Unfortunately, all too often, the longer the user stays on that pill to feel normal, they have to continue to take more and more to feel normal. Then, one day, they cross that line where they had to take one too many to feel normal and they end up stopping their heart.

Pills, (I’m talking about narcotics and benzodiazepines) should be something we don’t leave to chance. Even for those people that take Benzos to feel normal have to realize that they are putting them self at risk also. The patient starts out taking one pill every so many hours and within a few short years later, the patient is taking a multitude of pills to get the same affect. They may want to stop, but they find them self dependent and stopping or quitting is seldom an option.

So, yeah, if it’s just a matter of taking “a pill” a day to feel better, maybe I could agree with that. However, it normally goes well beyond that.
    "Nothing good happens after 2:00 a.m."

Quote Originally Posted by 911 View Post
    Big difference between being addicted or dependent on caffeine compared to a stronger narcotic such as Vicodin, OxyContin or Dilaudid. Some people use these drugs to feel normal without realizing that they are also destroying their liver and other organs, not to mention the financial and social burdens that they are placing on themselves.

Caffeine has a very short half life and the withdrawals are elementary compared to heavier drugs that may also make one feel normal. If you’re 65 y/o and are taking a pill to feel normal, but have expectations that you will live to 85, that may only be wishful thinking.

Just think about the young people that we have lost because they wanted to feel normal, so they took a pill. Unfortunately, all too often, the longer the user stays on that pill to feel normal, they have to continue to take more and more to feel normal. Then, one day, they cross that line where they had to take one too many to feel normal and they end up stopping their heart.

Pills, (I’m talking about narcotics and benzodiazepines) should be something we don’t leave to chance. Even for those people that take Benzos to feel normal have to realize that they are putting them self at risk also. The patient starts out taking one pill every so many hours and within a few short years later, the patient is taking a multitude of pills to get the same affect. They may want to stop, but they find them self dependent and stopping or quitting is seldom an option.

So, yeah, if it’s just a matter of taking “a pill” a day to feel better, maybe I could agree with that. However, it normally goes well beyond that.
    Pare those people you are talking about taking drugs not under a doctors supervision for health or for recreational purposes.

Are these people young or posting on a seniors forum.

Are these people buying drugs on the street?

Thats a big difference from what we are talking about here.

Thats why they overdosed and are 'lost'. We are trying to survive.

Valerian Root,sold with the vitamins and herbs,it traces to valium, will help anxiety and sleeplessness.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.