Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bank of America Opens Three Teller-less "Robo Branches"

Quote Originally Posted by AprilT View Post
    I still go to my BOA once and a while, so far we still have someone who greets customers at the door, but only two tellers, one of which also serves the drive through. But then, most of the branches I've used, in the past decade have hardly ever been all that busy anyway. I've been with them for at least three name changes and over two decades. I still have Fleet bank on the checks I use maybe once a month.
    BofA's greeters make my hair stand on end!

It seems like they could find a more productive use for those people or get rid of them and cut expenses.

Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Bea View Post
    BofA's greeters make my hair stand on end!

It seems like they could find a more productive use for those people or get rid of them and cut expenses.
    True, I find their presence a bit annoying at best, but, I think they are there mostly to cut time for those who's needs can be served without seeing the tellers. They probably would be doing something else if they had more clients entering the business. I know at the busier branches I visited years ago, you would be lucky to get to see someone so quickly if you wanted to see someone other than the tellers.

But yes, their, sometimes, abrupt greeting reminds me of when sales persons accost you when you first enter the store. I guess we're never satisfied.
    Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxx

Automated cafes, ever been to one? McDonalds now offers self service on ordering so a person working the counter can see the machine that will soon replace them permanently. Try finding a job pumping gas! While it won't replace everyone everywhere technology is a lurking beast. On the good side look at farming proficiency due to automation meaning more food faster. I recently talked with the owner of an auto repair place and he said he can't find anyone that is trained in the new auto technology and he pays top wages. Also, money itself may disappear in the future.

B. of A. has been moving toward 'do it yourself' for several years now. They eliminated the drive-thru tellers in my town several years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by gennie View Post
    B. of A. has been moving toward 'do it yourself' for several years now. They eliminated the drive-thru tellers in my town several years ago.
    In my area, they have eliminated the drive-thru lanes in the poorer areas of the city and have kept them in the more affluent areas, not sure why.

I'm not surprized.
    I know a couple people that were bank tellers for a while. Bank tellers have a VERY high turn over rate, due to the high pressure to do everything 100% correct and the boredom.

I luv <sarcasm> how BoA says "live banking isn't disappearing" when they have 22% fewer branches than 6 yrs ago.

I hope you can get more cash per transaction than regular ATMs, but I will never use BoA (or Wells Fargo).
    Years may wrinkle the skin, but to give up enthusiasm wrinkles the soul - Samuel Ullman

I’ve been at the same bank for years in the same little town. They have such great personal service which I very much care for.
    I don’t go in very often but when I do they recognize me and treat me well and I like that.

Double post.
    Not sure how I did that.

I really can't be mad at them at this time as each time years ago when I went over my balance, after hearing my arguments, they returned the bank fee and all was well. It was rare for me to go over my balance, so I guess maybe that had something to do with it. Knock on wood and in spite of some of the changes I don't care for, I've had pretty good service with BOA for all my years with them. I think, over the years, most similar type banks have made changes here and there as to what and how some service practices are conducted.

Now if they ever mess up my funds or don't give it to me when I ask for it, I may have to have a serious conversation with them about moving my tiny bit of money elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Bea View Post
    In my area, they have eliminated the drive-thru lanes in the poorer areas of the city and have kept them in the more affluent areas, not sure why.

Security...would be my guess. Poor areas are quite often 'desperate' areas as well. Examp;...a senior in the car, just withdrawing cash, is a 'soft' target for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by AprilT View Post
    True, I find their presence a bit annoying at best, but, I think they are there mostly to cut time for those who's needs can be served without seeing the tellers. They probably would be doing something else if they had more clients entering the business. I know at the busier branches I visited years ago, you would be lucky to get to see someone so quickly if you wanted to see someone other than the tellers.

But yes, their, sometimes, abrupt greeting reminds me of when sales persons accost you when you first enter the store. I guess we're never satisfied.
    Because of a number of unpleasant experiences I had with B of A, both personally and on behalf of a company worked for, if BofA were the only bank on the planet and were giving away $10 bills, I would keep my money in a sock under my mattress.

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
    Because of a number of unpleasant experiences I had with B of A, both personally and on behalf of a company worked for, if BofA were the only bank on the planet and were giving away $10 bills, I would keep my money in a sock under my mattress.

Understandable, each person has to base their like of an establishment from their own experiences.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.