Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Do you get cold feet when you are forced to change doctors?

I don't get cold feet, but I remember when my VA doctor changed and the new one wouldn't write me an approval to buy a couple of prescriptions outside the VA Pharmacy that would cost less than the VA charged. She told me that she almost lost her license for doing that for a Veteran that, apparently, done something illegal with the approval she gave him. Other than that, have never had a problem with any VA doctor I've had.

But, when we move, neither of us will have the PCP's we currently have and have had for some years now.

Ive had the same dr since I moved to Fresno 14 yrs ago but I always go to the NP and those have changed a few times.

Think there have been 4 since Ive been going and I did like some better than others.

It's over!!!!!! He was really nice. He tried to put me on several different medications/vitamins but I just told him how I react to medications and I didn't want to take any more now. He tried to start me on Vitamin D and I told him I had tried that but didn't have good results with it because of side effects. He tried to get me to get another mammogram but I explained to him that after I witnessed my husband's reaction to chemo, I had decided I wasn't taking it regardless. So if I get breast cancer, I don't want to know it because all it would do is worry me to death and I shouldn't do anything about it because of the chemo side effects. Yes, they could take my breast off but it would still worry me to death so I would rather not. My husband even told me if I ever got cancer, he said, "Don't you ever take chemo because if you did, it would kill you." He had witnessed all these years of my reactions to medications. This doctor tried to get me to take a bone density test and I told him I've had one but after what I found out from a friend back from when we were teenagers, what teeth she has left looks awful now and they were so pretty when we were young. She told me it was the bone density medications that did it. I looked up the side effects on-line and that is one of the side effects. Generations after generations got by without all of this stuff and I feel at my age, why start now. At least if one of these conditions kills me, I will die happy and not miserable from side effects! After all of my refusals, at least he just looked and acted amused rather than mad like my old doctor.

Cold feet??? Definitely! We've switched doctors because there were some "practices" our former doctor did that we did not approve of. It's not easy finding a different doctor.

My husband went to the "new" doctor in June to get established. The office was packed and we waited over an hour to get in to his appointment. I have rescheduled my appointment with him 2 times. If I wouldn't have to have a Rx for blood pressure, I'd skip it altogether!

Quote Originally Posted by Colleen View Post
    Cold feet??? Definitely! We've switched doctors because there were some "practices" our former doctor did that we did not approve of. It's not easy finding a different doctor.

My husband went to the "new" doctor in June to get established. The office was packed and we waited over an hour to get in to his appointment. I have rescheduled my appointment with him 2 times. If I wouldn't have to have a Rx for blood pressure, I'd skip it altogether!
    You sound like me because that's exactly what I thought too! I have to take blood pressure medicine and I thought if I didn't need refills for my prescriptions, I wouldn't fool with a doctor. Especially since it's so hard to find one that's taking new patients AND if we have medicare.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.