Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I always wondered what make an animal more receptive to one person over another

Awwww Seeker. What a cute pic. No wonder they’re all following him

I’m an animal magnet also. For some reason animals love me.
    People? Not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Keesha View Post

For some reason animals love me.
    People? Not so much.

Not true Keesha because..........
    Love.gif

Awww shucks.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IKE View Post
    Not true Keesha because...WEYOU
    I Second That !!

What makes an animal more receptive to one person over another?

They just know a dog lover when they see one
    ...and they even know when someone is faking it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pappy View Post
    When my wife was going through chemo and radiation treatment, our Shih Tsu seemed to sense this and was a tremendous help during this time. She was extra cuddly and stayed right with her.
    Some animals are very sensitive to people with certain ailments, some animals can sense seizures coming on in some people. I know a number of people I hang out with who work in the medical field, advise me to get a dog for this purpose, but, of course that's just silly in my case when I can't care for the dog the way it needs to be cared for. I would love nothing more than to have a dog love they are the best.

Quote Originally Posted by AprilT View Post
    Some animals are very sensitive to people with certain ailments, some animals can sense seizures coming on in some people. I know a number of people I hang out with who work in the medical field, advise me to get a dog for this purpose, but, of course that's just silly in my case when I can't care for the dog the way it needs to be cared for. I would love nothing more than to have a dog love they are the best.
    This is sooo true. One of our girls can really sense whenever there’s a medical condition. She keeps smelling it and will try and lick it and oddly enough she’s always spot in. I think their sense of smell is so accute that they can detect when something’s off but that’s just a guess. They certainly use their 6th sense more than we do.
    Very interestimg.

Oh and thanks Lara. Cute post.

My best pets are the ones who picked me instead of me picking them. I was at the humane society and looking at cats, dogs, guinea pigs and they had several rats. I put my hand in with them and most backed away but one crawled up my arm and sat on my shoulder. Guess who I brought home with me. I'd never had a rat before. She was the best pet I ever had.

I like that story, dkay. What a good idea!

I'm a life long dog lover,we had all sorts of dogs when my siblings and I were growing up.
    On my walks around my neighborhood,I know a couple of dog owners,every time their dog recognizes my voice,they are happy to see me,tail wagging.
    My close friends Marcia&Dave's family dog is a pharoh hound,Aker,I regularly walk him whenever the opportunity arises, call him my'buddy boy'.He enjoys the walks as much as I do
    Every time I come over& walk into the living room,,I bend down to hug him,he either licks my nose or ear,wagging his tail,always the highlight of my day.
    I consider him my dog too because our apt complex doesn't allow pets. As long as I can see him once or twice/wk I'm in heaven Sue
    Walkers Take It All In Strides

I worked with animals for over 10 years .. there very aware ' they know who is gentle and who isnt- warm to people if it ok with them ' they know all u say even if u think they dont respond straight away '
    they understand the language they was brought up in same as us ' they say felines are dumb -no way - slower they can be 'as curious as the say ing goes , but very intelligent '
    they show affection so differently to a dog -I have 4 cats -they know all I say to them =and they know if iam unwell ' they have senses we dont know about 'all they ask for is total love -plus respect 'because they dont speak- they have other gifts ….

Iíve noticed that too. I think animals are ultra smart in ways we humans arenít. I wonder, who really is the crown of creation? Iíve learned many things just from watching and engage it with animals. Maybe they go to those whom they feel needs theyíre company the most.

Those are the cutest little piglets I ever did see. Beyond!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.