Do you ever "deja vu" a movie?

Do you ever "deja vu" a movie?

I was just wondering if any of you have ever watched a movie, any kind of movie (for me it's usually a thriller or horror movie) and you kind of get the chills because something similar in real life suddenly reminds you of that movie and you get a little bit creeped out. It's a deja vu feeling like you have actually been through something even though it only happened in the movies.

. I know that whenever I see a big flock of birds gathering near me I get a bit of a chill and think of Alfred Hitchcocks's "The Birds"

This summer I spent a couple of weeks with my seventeen year old granddaughter and we explored small town life from Texas to Northern Kansas.

In one area, the highway was closed due to construction and we were detoured down a small rural road that took us back to the highway but the small road was lined on both sides by very tall corn. She said, "grandma, did you ever see "Children of the Corn". I happened to be thinking the same thing. I told her if anyone or anything came running out of that corn, I wasn't stopping.

I saw a house in a rural area that I thought looked nice. I always thought it would be nice to live someplace like that. My granddaughter gasped when she saw it and said, "no way would I live there!". When I asked why she said, "Did you ever see the movie "The Strangers?" I hadn't seen it but I have now and I fully understand her reluctance because that house was eerily similar to the one we saw.

We got to Salina Kansas where there is a huge truck stop with semis going in, out, turning on the highway. I asked her if she wanted to eat at the truck stop and she said "no!" That kind of surprised me because she's willing to try out new places to eat. We went across the highway to a sandwich place. She asked me if I'd ever seen the movie "Maximum Overdrive". I then understood why she didn't want to eat at the diner. That movie obviously affected her much more than it did me.

While going down the highway a semi was tailgating me. If I had stopped at all I would have been crushed. All I could think of was the old movie "Duel" with Dennis Weaver (I think). I kept wondering if the truck driver behind me was some kind of psychotic and that movie kept playing over and over in my brain. Fortunately I found an area of the road where I could pull over, I let him go around me and he kept on going much to my relief. But I kept looking on the side roads to make sure he wasn't waiting for us.

When I was taking her back home we stopped at Caprock Canyons in Texas. Upon leaving there, we ended up in a very remote town. It was 106 degrees, the town was vacant, main street stores all boarded up. There was no phone service on our cell phones. A small cafe was the only open place we found. We were hot and hungry and thirsty. It was a run down cafe with two window unit air conditioners and ceiling fans. At first it was a real Twilight Zone experience. I actually felt like I had been there before. While eating, a man and his wife came in and the bell above the door rang. I realized that this was diner eerily similar to the one in the movie "Legion". I looked around to see if there were any really creepy old ladies eating raw meat. There weren't any but every time the door opened, I expected the archangel Michael to come in.

It's crazy the things that get embedded into my memories from movies. Anyone else experience this? Or am I just basically nuts?

I have that with the Birds. Especially at the grocery store where there will be a flock of them eating crumbs off the ground. When they take off I get that feeling and get into my car or store as soon as I can.

Not exactly but I've been conditioned by the movies to be afraid when I'm out in the fog, in a small boat at night or when I have to open an old trunk, freezer, etc...

"From ghoulies and ghosties
    And long-
    leggedy beasties
    And things that go bump in the night,
    Good Lord, deliver us!" -
    Old Scottish Prayer

This sounds more like being reminded of a movie . But no, I've never felt Deju Vu while watching a movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Bea View Post
    Not exactly but I've been conditioned by the movies to be afraid when I'm out in the fog, in a small boat at night or when I have to open an old trunk, freezer, etc...

"From ghoulies and ghosties
    And long-
    leggedy beasties
    And things that go bump in the night,
    Good Lord, deliver us!" -
    Old Scottish Prayer
    Just curious AB...when was the last time you were out in a small boat, in the fog ,at night?

Quote Originally Posted by rgp View Post
    Just curious AB...when was the last time you were out in a small boat, in the fog ,at night?
    I'll never tell!

Quote Originally Posted by dkay View Post
    I was just wondering if any of you have ever watched a movie, any kind of movie (for me it's usually a thriller or horror movie) and you kind of get the chills because something similar in real life suddenly reminds you of that movie and you get a little bit creeped out. It's a deja vu feeling like you have actually been through something even though it only happened in the movies.

. I know that whenever I see a big flock of birds gathering near me I get a bit of a chill and think of Alfred Hitchcocks's "The Birds"

This summer I spent a couple of weeks with my seventeen year old granddaughter and we explored small town life from Texas to Northern Kansas.

In one area, the highway was closed due to construction and we were detoured down a small rural road that took us back to the highway but the small road was lined on both sides by very tall corn. She said, "grandma, did you ever see "Children of the Corn". I happened to be thinking the same thing. I told her if anyone or anything came running out of that corn, I wasn't stopping.

I saw a house in a rural area that I thought looked nice. I always thought it would be nice to live someplace like that. My granddaughter gasped when she saw it and said, "no way would I live there!". When I asked why she said, "Did you ever see the movie "The Strangers?" I hadn't seen it but I have now and I fully understand her reluctance because that house was eerily similar to the one we saw.

We got to Salina Kansas where there is a huge truck stop with semis going in, out, turning on the highway. I asked her if she wanted to eat at the truck stop and she said "no!" That kind of surprised me because she's willing to try out new places to eat. We went across the highway to a sandwich place. She asked me if I'd ever seen the movie "Maximum Overdrive". I then understood why she didn't want to eat at the diner. That movie obviously affected her much more than it did me.

While going down the highway a semi was tailgating me. If I had stopped at all I would have been crushed. All I could think of was the old movie "Duel" with Dennis Weaver (I think). I kept wondering if the truck driver behind me was some kind of psychotic and that movie kept playing over and over in my brain. Fortunately I found an area of the road where I could pull over, I let him go around me and he kept on going much to my relief. But I kept looking on the side roads to make sure he wasn't waiting for us.

When I was taking her back home we stopped at Caprock Canyons in Texas. Upon leaving there, we ended up in a very remote town. It was 106 degrees, the town was vacant, main street stores all boarded up. There was no phone service on our cell phones. A small cafe was the only open place we found. We were hot and hungry and thirsty. It was a run down cafe with two window unit air conditioners and ceiling fans. At first it was a real Twilight Zone experience. I actually felt like I had been there before. While eating, a man and his wife came in and the bell above the door rang. I realized that this was diner eerily similar to the one in the movie "Legion". I looked around to see if there were any really creepy old ladies eating raw meat. There weren't any but every time the door opened, I expected the archangel Michael to come in.

It's crazy the things that get embedded into my memories from movies. Anyone else experience this? Or am I just basically nuts?
    The highlighted one reminds me of a Twilight Zone episode.

Recently while I was in the shower, the shower curtain started to suddenly move and of course Psycho came to mind. Fortunately, it was only my nosy dog Bonnie sticking her head in to see what I was doing. Bonnie does not approve of closed doors or anything else that prevents her from seeing what I'm doing.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.