Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

The California fires

A group of Houston firefighters left today to help out and give the Ca. guys a break. One of them said that the Ca. guys came and helped us with Harvey last year so they are returning the favor!! My prayers for all being said daily!!

I checked the History of California wildfires.

In modern times, from 2000 to 2017 there has been a wildfire every year.

It just seems it goes with the territory like Banladesh waiting for the monsoons every year.

It's something that can never be fixed or eliminated.

We've had many smokey days and sometimes ash covering everything. Air quality is rated unhealthy and the UV index for today is very high. Also the high temp for today is 103. We are advised to stay inside and limit any outside physical activity. I can't even start to think what it's like for all those firefighters out there fighting these huge fires. God bless them and please keep them safe.
    Last edited by HazyDavey; 08-10-2018 at 05:05 AM. Reason: spelling

I thanked a bunch of them myself when I came home to check on things the other day. They were here to gather up their hoses and told me how close we came. (Not that they needed to-the burnt grass right at the end of our property told us all we needed to know.) Ironically,the group of firefighters who saved our home came from the neighboring city to where we moved here from 26 years ago-3.5 hours away. And they all get waves and kisses blown whenever we pass them on the streets. Every other car you pass right now is a fire engine.

This is already one of the worst fire seasons on record for California....if not the worst....and it may well continue into the Late Fall, early Winter.
    It's been Scientifically proven that those who have more Birthdays, Live Longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Robinson View Post
    I thanked a bunch of them myself when I came home to check on things the other day. They were here to gather up their hoses and told me how close we came. (Not that they needed to-the burnt grass right at the end of our property told us all we needed to know.) Ironically,the group of firefighters who saved our home came from the neighboring city to where we moved here from 26 years ago-3.5 hours away. And they all get waves and kisses blown whenever we pass them on the streets. Every other car you pass right now is a fire engine.
    So does this mean your home is no longer in danger and you can move back soon? Did you find your cats?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ire/948126002/

The man suspected of igniting the Holy Fire in Southern California was charged on Thursday with three counts of felony arson, among other offenses.

Forrest Gordon Clark, 51, was arrested Tuesday on suspicion of setting off a blaze that has now burned more than 10,000 acres in Orange and Riverside counties, damaging or destroying at least 14 structures. As of Thursday morning, the fire was just 5 percent contained.

clark.jpg

In addition to arson, the Orange County District Attorney charged Clark with two felony counts of resisting arrest and with making criminal threats. He faces a maximum sentence of life in prison. Bail has been set at $1 million.

According to the Orange County Register, Clark sent an email last week that allegedly said, “This place will burn.’

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post
    So does this mean your home is no longer in danger and you can move back soon? Did you find your cats?
    We are back and just waiting for the fire restoration company to come out. Everything smells like smoke. We probably shouldn`t even be here but we wanted to come home. The foster girls went to visit relatives so we felt fine about coming home. All cats are present and accounted for. My donkey will be home Saturday morning

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Robinson View Post
    We are back and just waiting for the fire restoration company to come out. Everything smells like smoke. We probably shouldn`t even be here but we wanted to come home. The foster girls went to visit relatives so we felt fine about coming home. All cats are present and accounted for. My donkey will be home Saturday morning
    Happy for you.

Good luck Mrs. R. Smoke smells or no, it must feel good to be home.
    Boomer Senior

I hope the other prisoners treat Clark with kindness and understanding. Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha etc. etc.

Quote Originally Posted by RadishRose View Post
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ire/948126002/

The man suspected of igniting the Holy Fire in Southern California was charged on Thursday with three counts of felony arson, among other offenses.

Forrest Gordon Clark, 51, was arrested Tuesday on suspicion of setting off a blaze that has now burned more than 10,000 acres in Orange and Riverside counties, damaging or destroying at least 14 structures. As of Thursday morning, the fire was just 5 percent contained.

clark.jpg

In addition to arson, the Orange County District Attorney charged Clark with two felony counts of resisting arrest and with making criminal threats. He faces a maximum sentence of life in prison. Bail has been set at $1 million.

According to the Orange County Register, Clark sent an email last week that allegedly said, “This place will burn.’
    If there's one death from that fire, this man should spend the rest of his life on death row.
    If you want to change the world, start with the next person who comes to you in need.

One of our local firefighters died fighting the huge Ferguson fire July 29th. He was a father to be. A falling tree hit and killed him. Its all so sad.

https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/20...ferguson-fire/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.