Friendly Deer

Friendly Deer

A few weeks ago, I noticed a deer in my yard..not unusual , I have seen them before. Then I saw her again, and again...now about every-other day. She nibbles on low branches of my trees, and drinks from the cat's water dish. {I put water & food out for a couple of local cats} BTW..when out there, the cat just sits and watches her. She looks very healthy, she is also a big girl, her head is about even with my shoulders. I'm six-one.

The other morning, I saw her drink from the dish , which is on the front porch,.. I filled another pitcher , opened the door.....she did not bolt...just backed-up into the yard...I filled the dish, she had another big drink...then left...so I filled it again for the cat.

That's neat rgp, I love wildlife and it's nice that you feed and water the local cats. We get deer throughout the year behind our back yard, but we have a fence so they don't come in. He's my cat several years ago watching a buck, fun to watch the curious kitties too.

Isnt it great to see wildlife close up.....I live in a residential neighborhood and unusually, we have tons of deer, with their little ones, back and forth, thru my yard, walking down the streets and sidewalks....rabbits with their young uns', groundhogs with their little ones, lots of squirrels and birds, due to the neighbor next door feeding them all the time....on a down note, we have a beagle mix who goes crazy a few times a day when he sees em'....

Goodbye July, hello hot month of August.....

Quote Originally Posted by SeaBreeze View Post
    That's neat rgp, I love wildlife and it's nice that you feed and water the local cats. We get deer throughout the year behind our back yard, but we have a fence so they don't come in. He's my cat several years ago watching a buck, fun to watch the curious kitties too.

Your cat is the same color as one of my visitors [Smokey]. She's out there eating now....then she'll curl up on one of the porch chairs for a nap...

As soon as her family leaves for work....she runs over here to eat, like she's starved. Hangs out , plays all day....then when her family returns in the afternoon . She runs over there like she's starved.....little con-artist...LOL!

When we were in Olympic NP, a doe licked my wife's hand. She got a rash from it.

Quote Originally Posted by rgp View Post
    Your cat is the same color as one of my visitors [Smokey]. She's out there eating now....then she'll curl up on one of the porch chairs for a nap...

As soon as her family leaves for work....she runs over here to eat, like she's starved. Hangs out , plays all day....then when her family returns in the afternoon . She runs over there like she's starved.....little con-artist...LOL!
    That's sweet rgp, glad she doesn't have to be lonely all day and has you to hang with. Lol, they do play you when they can, although my cat is a little bit of a picky eater, he can turn into Garfield at the blink of an eye. Sometimes he'll hit me up for a treat in the kitchen and I'll give him a little piece of cheese or freeze dried treat that he loves......5 minutes later, he'll be in the other room giving my husband the goo-goo eyes for a treat. If we gave him all the treats when he wanted them, he'd be a little fatty.

Yes, SB, nice looking Buck with a nice rack. We don't see any kind of deer around here, like we did when we lived in Colorado, so my wife had us get a Sports Entertainment Package that includes the Outdoor Channel. It's basically a hunting channel, but she gets to see deer and elk. We don't hunt.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.