Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Do The Seasonal Climate Changes Alter Your Daily Routines?

Do The Seasonal Climate Changes Alter Your Daily Routines?

The heat/humidity cancel my morning walks for a couple months so I stationary bike. Outdoor stuff goes on the shelf in general until it cools down. I can handle the southern winters.

I'm with you FM....give me any season but summer cuz of the high humidity days when I can't breathe outside for more than five minutes so it limits me with walking our beagle and doing gardening....and I already take an allergy pill to control the sneezing and itching that Spring brings with the high pollen counts and bug bites in Summer, ugh.....I'll take the cool and cold weather any day.....bring on Autumn!

Goodbye July, hello hot month of August.....

It sure does

Normally, I get up too early, get on the web, nosh, get sleepy, have what I call 'the 2nd sleep'
    usually around 5A to 6:30ish
    begin my day

The last few days, temps flirting with 100°F, I get up around 5A...and git after it

crashing into the tub around 3P

Sunbathing dry

and taking a nap in the cool of the cabin
    awake around 5-P
    work a bit on whatever project

....and

here I am

fresh as a dried daisy
    “Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air.” Emerson

Sounds like a great routine to me Gary and you look so natural in that outdoors tub.....with all your can't be mistaken for a swimming pool right?

Quote Originally Posted by PopsnTuff View Post
    Sounds like a great routine to me Gary and you look so natural in that outdoors tub.....with all your can't be mistaken for a swimming pool right?
    It's a life

a cabin in the mountains life
    “Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air.” Emerson

The summer heat here changes my routine a lot. Heat makes me crabby and impatient and if I get too overheated I feel sick and dizzy. So during the summer I try to schedule anything I have to get done very early in the day or at night. I've been known to be doing my vacuuming at 4:00 AM.

In summer if we have days on end with heat/humidity,I don't take my3rd& last walk of the day,early afternoon around 1:30,my energy is zapped Instead.I'll take 2 of the 3 walks in the morning before it gets too hot
    In winter,my walking routine depends on couple factors:
    how cold it is,how much snow on ground,if the sidewalks are shoveled,always a challenge when they are not
    The only time I won't go outside for my walks, there is a blizzard,winds are over 30mph,windchill is -10 or lower. Instead to get some exercise,,,I'll walk up/down the stairs to the basement couple of times,luckily my apt is on 3rd floor.I take the stairs daily
    In the fall when its not as light around 6:30,I always wear a yellow reflector vest on my 1st walk of the day Sue
    Walkers Take It All In Strides

I check my weather rock!!!
    th.jpeg

6 months of winter is no fun either with storms and freezing temperatures.

And the short days means people get depressed.

So it's a trade off.

Millions of Canadians so to the southern states in the winter because they can't handle winter and they don't miss it.

I like to head down to the south end of the city on hot days. The land juts out in a point about 1/3 mile wide surrounded by water. On a clear day, you can see the Elizabeth Islands with Martha's Vineyard right behind them, and large ships heading for the Cape Cod Canal. There's usually a nice breeze and it's pleasantly cooler than at our home which is about 8 miles inland.
    Conversely, being right at the ocean's edge, our winters are more moderate than folks further inland.

Our heat and horrible humidity, during summer, keeps us from taking our boat out, something that never happened when we lived in Colorado. 97% humidity at 7AM here is sure different than 50% there at the same time. Really thought we could live here forever when we moved here to Jacksonville, Florida in Jan 2009, but have sure changed our minds in the last two years. Hitting a local lake there at 9AM, was much better than getting on the river here at 9AM. Here, we can really sweat just cruising around. And, sure can't take our boat out year-around, like we were told. Take our boat out when the daytime high can be 45 degrees...…...never!

Heat and humidity also keeps us from going to the range and doing some target shooting.

Heck, none of our family, from So California, even want to visit us in the summer due to the weather here. Actually, they don't want to come out here at all.

For numerous days now, we've been having some torrential rains in the afternoon. Even with the humidity, we are going to TRY and get our boat out on the water this coming weekend...….in the morning. After paying yearly boat insurance and SeaTow (a must in Florida), we definitely need to get it out on the water very soon.

In the warmer weather we have the top up on the car and the AC on. As it moderates we enjoy motoring in the open air.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary O' View Post
    It's a life

a cabin in the mountains life
    (meant to add 'with all your amenities at hand ) and sooo peaceful.....

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicRockr View Post
    Our heat and horrible humidity, during summer, keeps us from taking our boat out, something that never happened when we lived in Colorado. 97% humidity at 7AM here is sure different than 50% there at the same time. Really thought we could live here forever when we moved here to Jacksonville, Florida in Jan 2009, but have sure changed our minds in the last two years. Hitting a local lake there at 9AM, was much better than getting on the river here at 9AM. Here, we can really sweat just cruising around. And, sure can't take our boat out year-around, like we were told. Take our boat out when the daytime high can be 45 degrees...…...never!

Heat and humidity also keeps us from going to the range and doing some target shooting.

Heck, none of our family, from So California, even want to visit us in the summer due to the weather here. Actually, they don't want to come out here at all.

For numerous days now, we've been having some torrential rains in the afternoon. Even with the humidity, we are going to TRY and get our boat out on the water this coming weekend...….in the morning. After paying yearly boat insurance and SeaTow (a must in Florida), we definitely need to get it out on the water very soon.
    I lived in Tampa Florida for 16 years CR....you couldnt pay me to live in Fla again....the humidity and bugs was the pitts.....I know what you're going thru....if you're not in the AC you better be in a swimming pool!

Quote Originally Posted by Ken N Tx View Post
    I check my weather rock!!!
    th.jpeg
    Haha...too funny

We live in NW AZ. Our elevation is 3500 ft. so we don't get the blistering heat like Phoenix and Bullhead City (Laughlin, NV). If our humidity gets to 20%...it's HUMID! Normal is usually 10% or less.

We have our morning coffee about 7am out on the back patio. We turn on the ceiling fan out there and enjoy the hummingbirds at the feeders and look at the beautiful mountain ranges that we can see 360*. It's been "cool" in the morning...around 82*. By noon it's 102*.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.