Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Does Your Medigap Plan Provide Free Gym "Memberships"?

Quote Originally Posted by OneEyedDiva View Post
    I exercise outside periodically. I don't like walking outside around here because I live in the downtown section and there's too much stopping and starting due to traffic. Also some of the sidewalks are in disrepair. On optimal climate days I like to take the short train ride to the waterfront park located at the Hudson River and walk around there. So many people are outside walking their dogs, doing their power walks and I even see cute babies and children being pushed in those multi child strollers by daycare workers. It makes one want to be active. Now I'm committed to going to Planet Fitness 4 days a week minimum. I like the feeling I get after having accomplished my work out. I say the place is like an adult playground.
    it is the guilt that has been keeping us going for 18 years now religiously. every time we try to duck out of going one of us prods the other to go . i hate the gym . i hate running and i hate weight lifting at this stage but it is a way of life for us .

the hardest part is things are no longer measured in gains . everything now is measured in what you are not losing. my arms are still pretty big but nothing like they were . .now if i stay even i am happy

I guess things have changed in the last couple of years, because the various "medigap" programs all had benefits defined by medicare, so a Plan F (for example) would be the same no matter who provided it. Silver Sneakers and such things could not be added. "Advantage" plans were not so regulated, and often included such things. When did that change?

Quote Originally Posted by Hoot N Annie View Post
    I guess things have changed in the last couple of years, because the various "medigap" programs all had benefits defined by medicare, so a Plan F (for example) would be the same no matter who provided it. Silver Sneakers and such things could not be added. "Advantage" plans were not so regulated, and often included such things. When did that change?

medigap plans can add perks but they can't remove medical benefits . we have an f-plan that includes silver sneakers . they have been offering it for years . many offer perks for vision, dental and hearing discounts as well .

so a medigap plan can offer perks , but medically they are required to offer the same benefits .anything over and above is fair game .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.