Annoying Documentaries

Annoying Documentaries

"What on Earth" or "Strange Evidence" shown on the Science Channel. They present several situations per episode, then spend 15 minutes on each, speculating with red herrings before they let you know what it really is, if they have even found out. Some things are left as a mystery. What's the point of the misleading scenarios or having them with no real conclusion?
    When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

I've almost given up on the Science Channel. They seem to load each segment with little other than speculation, and opinions with minimal evidence to back up their conclusions. The Worst thing about that channel is they cover up half the conversations with loud sound effects...to the point where it is almost impossible to hear what the individual is saying...and I have pretty good hearing. A few months ago, I sent them a note telling them to Fire their Sound Editor, but since many of their shows are several years old, the "noise" is a fixed part of their programming.
    "Do Not regret growing older...it is a Privilege denied to many."

Quote Originally Posted by debodun View Post
    "What on Earth" or "Strange Evidence" shown on the Science Channel. They present several situations per episode, then spend 15 minutes on each, speculating with red herrings before they let you know what it really is. What's the point of the misleading scenarios?
    Perhaps to enhance the viewer’s critical thinking skills?
    Love is a verb.

Quote Originally Posted by Don M. View Post
    I've almost given up on the Science Channel. They seem to load each segment with little other than speculation, and opinions with minimal evidence to back up their conclusions.
    The only good shows there are "How the Universe Works" and "The Planets and Beyond". At least they seem to be based on straight science. There is speculation, of course, astronomers do not know everything, but at least they give science-based theories, not "It might be boogeymen." or "It something the Martians are doing."

Quote Originally Posted by debodun View Post
    "What on Earth" or "Strange Evidence" shown on the Science Channel. They present several situations per episode, then spend 15 minutes on each, speculating with red herrings before they let you know what it really is, if they have even found out. Some things are left as a mystery. What's the point of the misleading scenarios or having them with no real conclusion?
    Those aren't documentaries. That show is specifically an entertainment show. Watch National Geo or BBC or PBS for true documentaries.

I don't get it. Why watch what you don't like? I finally stopped watching cable news and started watching Investigations Discovery. Hey! Murder is real. No question about that! LOL
    Sing, sing a song. Make it simple to last your whole life long - The Carpenters

Quote Originally Posted by Olivia View Post
    I don't get it. Why watch what you don't like?
    I don't anymore after I caught on to what it was.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.