How to like a post, or thank someone who helped you

How to like a post, or thank someone who helped you

If you find a post helpful, you can give the poster some reputation by clicking the star icon below the post.

You can view your latest reputation comments in 'Setting' (scroll down to the bottom). You can find the setting link at the top right corner.
    Attached Images Attached Images

You can thank someone for their post or show that you agree with them by clicking on the little star in the green strip under their post and giving them reputation points.

The nice thing about reputation points, as opposed to a 'thank you' button, is that you can leave a personal comment for that member about the post. As your reputation points increase, the little green gems under your user title will increase.

You can give someone reputation for one of their posts by clicking on the little star in the green strip under their post. Members are notified of incoming reputation by Notifications, at the top right of the forum page. You can see reputation given and received by clicking on Settings.

Thanking someone for their reputation comments usually is done by just giving them reputation points in the future when they post something you find informative or you agree with.

When you agree with a post but have no additional comments other than something like "I agree", please use Rep.

Generally we don't encourage very short (a few words) posts without additional opinions. Thanks!

I try to use the star button but it is frustrating when it refuses to allow you to respond until you have given a few attaboys or attagirls to other posts.

Removed the restriction.

Quote Originally Posted by Matrix View Post
    Removed the restriction.
    Thank you, I appreciate it!!!

Thank you for this information.

Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Bea View Post
    Thank you, I appreciate it!!!
    Wheres the restriction to remove it?
    Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear or a fool from any direction...

I did not know this and often wondered about it.

Could you replace this star or add a "like" icon?

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Could you replace this star or add a "like" icon?
    It's better than a like button.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.