Tell me about your hobbies.

Tell me about your hobbies.

I'd love to know what y'all do for fun and recreation.

I like to dance. I'm a ballroom dancer for 15 years now. It's a hobby and also a passion. I think even when I'm 90 and using a walker, I'll still be out there on the floor, wiggling my butt to music!

I also garden. I prefer smaller flower gardens to large vegetable plots or lots of landscaping. I particularly LOVE pots...container gardening I think is my favorite!

I love to read. I read voraciously. I have an app on my phone so that I can checkout books and audio books directly from the library to my phone, and on the drive to and from work and any time I don't need to engage my brain for work I'm listening to an audio book, and I also have other books on my phone to read when I can actually look at the type.

I used to craft but I haven't done so in years. I'd love to get back to it, but life keeps getting in the way! I used to paint..watercolors mostly, do some sketching, embroidery, fabric painting, jewelry making. I'd especially enjoy making more jewelry, that was so much fun!

What about you?

Hi Ronni
    The Forum has an entire Hobbies & Crafts section for you to explore and enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by applecruncher View Post
    Hi Ronni
    The Forum has an entire Hobbies & Crafts section for you to explore and enjoy.
    Really???? Wow, how'd I miss that?!!

Ronni - this may not totally conform to the thinking on "hobbies" but I am part of a group the recreates old radio shows. When we started, we thought it was a "sit in a circle" thing just for us. But it turns out that there is sufficient interest that we get an audience of 45-80 depending on the time of the year.

The scripts as well as the originals are easily found on the net and are free.

Reading, swimming, gardening, hiking and RV travel. I also love to cook though I wouldn't call it a "hobby." I have an extensive collection of cookbooks and gadgets.

"It isnít pollution thatís harming the environment. Itís the impurities in our air and water that are doing it.
    " -- Dan Quayle

I've been a life long walker,never felt comfortable behind the wheel.I take 3 walks a day{weather permitting}
    I also love to read,fiction/non-fiction/memoirs have a journal where I keep track of books I've read since 1990 no Nook of Kindle
    love going to the movies, try to surpass the total from yr before. I've seen 15 movies so far
    A life long dog lover,though I can't have pets in our apt complex,I do walk my close friends dog,Aiker{pharoh hound}whenever the opportunity arises,will be walking him this afternoon Sue
    Walkers Take It All In Strides

I love to read,cook, and garden,mostly veggies though. Walking, arranging and rearranging furniture and painting in my home. Finding items and re purposing them. I dabble in woodworking with the help of my son. A few crafts now and then and I just started to embroider, also and my latest endeavor,learning to sew with my new sewing machine. I like the adult coloring books also.

I like to read, write. I make greeting cards using designs I cut from old fabric scraps. I still like the Sunday drive where I just drive around someplace I've never been just to see what is there. At Christmas I pull out my grandmother's old recipes and make spritz cookies, popcorn balls, fudge, peanut brittle. I love doing that but would weigh 900 pounds if I did that all year long. I also have a couple of solldiers I send cards and care packages to ( if interested check out adoptaussoldier.org website or their Facebook page), I spend time getting people registered to vote. When I find one of those rare candidates I really believe in, I campaign for them like crazy. I also like taking some of the non credit classes that our university offers. Sometimes I like doing absolutely nothing except sitting outdoors sipping iced tea and listening to the birds.

I like dancing ,including ballroom dance. Now mostly it is just dancing to music here at home.

Gardening is another one we like to do.

We use to camp a lot mostly primitive tent. Also did a little snorkeling and lots of fishing.
    I like to study history, ancient, world and American. Although I have forgotten much of it. I use to joke I forgot more history than most people will ever learn.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.