Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

our trip to chicago

Thanks for sharing. Everyday on the news I hear about how horrible Chicago is, how dangerous it is so it's never been on my bucket list of places to go. You photos are wonderful and that big silver metallic thing in the photo is rather interesting. I love seeing photos of places I've never been.
    I didn't say your perfume was too strong, I only said the canary was alive before you got here.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronni View Post
    I took a trip to Chicago a couple of years ago, I was so blown away by the architecture, and ESPECIALLY the trains going over the streets! I'd seen scenes like that in the movies, and honestly I thought it was just props, I had no idea it was a real thing!!!
    Post#13 looks like the street used for the Saturday Night Live intro scene with John Travolta

thank you

Those pictures brought back some memories. I spent about 4 months in Chicago, way back in the early '70's....going to school at the IBM headquarters just a short walk from the Wrigley building and Tribune Tower. The thing I remember most was the Deep Dish Pizza served at a couple of places near the riverfront. To this day, I still think of the Chicago pizza as the best I ever had.
    "Do Not regret growing older...it is a Privilege denied to many."

the pizza was excellent. we went to chicago cut for steak too. it was so good , expensive but very good .the aged steaks are like butter .

Very nice photos mathjak, I really enjoyed the view from your lens.
    Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxx

it was awesome . this was a guy trip with my little one. we are booking a trip back now because my wife wants to go . the gold coast of chicago is where you want to be . no words can describe the trip including the wrigley field experience

Quote Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
    the pizza was excellent. we went to chicago cut for steak too. it was so good , expensive but very good .the aged steaks are like butter .
    Yeah, I had some really good pizza in Chicago too. I think the name was Nick somebody. (Sorry, I forget the last name.) I also ate steak at Harry Carey’s steak house, ”Holy Cow.” Fun place and great food. Then, we went down to Michael Jordan’s restaurant and watched the Bulls on the big screen. And then finally finished up at a micro brewery named The Rock Bottom. We had a great weekend in the Windy City.
    "Nothing good happens after 2:00 a.m."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.