In Any Given Week How Many Meals Do You Eat For Your Health vs. Comfort Foods?

In Any Given Week How Many Meals Do You Eat For Your Health vs. Comfort Foods?

Breakfast for me is 50-50 every week; cereal w/ fruit vs. eggs & meat & toast. Lunch is usually confort food and dinner is usually healthy. I can gain weight quickly and lose it just as fast so if I go 100% in either direction I will show it right away.

I don't give it much thought. For breakfast I have 2 eggs and a cup of coffee. Lunch might be a yogurt, maybe some cheese. Basically whatever I find laying around in the fridge. Dinner is always some kind of meat or fish, a vegetable, and a carb. We also have a soup night and a pasta night. The hubby and I don't really care if there is meat in the pasta. A good sauce and a salad is fine.

Portions might be a little out of wack once in awhile. We might like the meatloaf better then the peas as an example. At the end of the week it sort of averages out.

I don't stress over it. We both have eaten this way since we were kids.

Due to the sugar / carb content of cereal I avoid it. Breakfast is usually two eggs & coffee. My alternative is maybe a couple'a Nutri-Grain bars with honey or cinnamon with milk . I almost never eat lunch. Supper is usually fish or chicken...most often just the meat, maybe a veggie on the side . I rarely make 'meals' these days. In the warmer weather [as we're having] I like a large salad for supper . In colder months a hearty soup , I try to go easy on the crackers/bread.....

Daytime snack might be Yogurt .....Night time , I like those little baked gold fish, with an adult beverage.

Oh I just eat what I fancy tbh. I don't eat breakfast , but I do eat brunch, and that can vary from either weetabix mini's..oatabix, and milk.. or wholemeal toast with just marmalade or eggs.

Once a week I'll have a full English breakfast, Bacon, eggs, toast beans etc..

Lunch can be anything at all, depending if I'm home or out... from a sandwich, or jacket potato.. to a (like today ) Scallops and Prawns in lobster sauce...

Evening, usually some kind of fish, and green veggies.. and very occasionally mashed or roast potatoes

Apart from Bacon, I've really stopped eating red meat...although 2 nights ago I had Lamb chops for the first time in ages, I love them, but I probably won't have them again for a long time.

I have a very sweet tooth so I can easily eat a small bar of chocolate a day... or as of 5 minutes ago, a small strawberry and cream mousse..

I'm tee-total , and I rarely drink coffee, preferring weak tea.. but I drink a LOT of water...

I usually eat twice a day; breakfast is usually eggs and wheat toast and then a balanced dinner. My husband only eats at dinnertime so I try to make sure it's a well-balanced meal. We eat out a couple of times a week.

"Get off my lawn."
    -- Walt Kowalkski

My answer is 3 meals, but...

I've placed myself on a 8 hour a day eating schedule. No in between meals, 3 hours in between each of 3 meals (eaten slowly).

I've lost 10lbs in 12 days. I don't ever want to stop. I feel great...mind, body, and spirit.
    No alcohol except rare special social occasions (1/2 glass wine or a Margarita, not concentrate mix)

Morning: Coffee or Matcha Tea whenever I wake up

11am. - 11:30am Breakfast:
    I juice in my home juicer fresh leafy greens, a cucumber, celery, parsley,
    granny smith apple (or orange), ginger, turmeric, a lemon,
    (and sometimes a carrot or beet)

2:30 - 3pm - Lunch
    Small amount of fruit plus anything I want but preferably fresh whole foods,
    preferably organic. Mindful portion size. Good time for baked salmon or chicken.

6 - 7pm - Dinner
    Anything I want but not if it keeps me awake...nothing heavy or caloric.
    The only white things I allow myself are fish, rice, and chicken

The other 16 hours: I walk, do fun activities and chores, sleep and sugarplums dance in my head

Usually twice a day, sometimes twice plus a snack.

Graze and don't eat breads and pasta stuff. Eat a good breakfast and being retired my time for eating is when I feel like it. The "dinner" meal is between 4 and 5PM or so. No eating late.

For breakfast,its either a small bowl of Cheerios with 2%milk,a English Muffin,or half of a muffin with glass of OJ
    Lunch is sandwich with petite carrots water or cranberry juice
    I don't cook,so I'll have a healthy choice or weight watchers frozen dinner,always with a salad.,glass of milk
    For dessert it varies some nights its yogurt or fruit,ice cream
    I also love Hershey kisses,have a couple of those during the day Sue
    Walkers Take It All In Strides

Interesting how many folks don't eat breakfast. I eat dinner around 6PM and have a little fruit for a late night snack but I can't go until lunch time to eat.

Years ago I heard breakfast is the most important meal of the day and that has stuck with me and now in retirement I eat a good protein breakfast every day...no toast/bagel person here. Breakfast sets us up for the day. I think what I've heard:

For breakfast eat like a king.
    For lunch eat like a prince.
    For dinner eat like a pauper.

We've been on a long fast and our body is ready for nourishment hence a good breakfast.

I buy healthy food and plan healthy meals but I tend to miss the mark 25%-33% of the time.

I've found that it takes a very long time for me to change my eating habits and small sustainable changes over time work best for me.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.