Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

dam doctor

I saw a news piece where patients are dealing with the doctors over the internet now instead of going in. I don't know how Medicare handles that. It sure would be nice to do that instead of going in to get a prescription refilled. My doctor always checks my vitals and asks me if I got the latest shot for whatever is flying around. He is pretty firm about me coming in every six months but he is moving north by about 15 miles so I my change.

Quote Originally Posted by fmdog44 View Post
    I saw a news piece where patients are dealing with the doctors over the internet now instead of going in. I don't know how Medicare handles that. It sure would be nice to do that instead of going in to get a prescription refilled. My doctor always checks my vitals and asks me if I got the latest shot for whatever is flying around. He is pretty firm about me coming in every six months but he is moving north by about 15 miles so I my change.
    Last December I got shingles. I emailed my doctor and attached a picture of the rash on my arm. She responded that it was shingles and called in 2 prescriptions. I never went in to see her and she did not charge my insurance (or me) anything. She is very responsive to email inquiries which I appreciate very much.

"Get off my lawn."
    -- Walt Kowalkski

My doctor is awesome. She is never late. And she won't take you if you are late. She has us all trained. Also, she has a really good nurse practitioner who I go to for things like prescriptions. I can usually get in to see her faster, she gets the doctor if needed (rarely has that happened), writes my prescription and I am good to go.

I see my Integrative MD once a year or twice if I have to go back in to go over labs. She doesn't need to do much with much as I am SO MUCH my own doctor...and all my supplements keep from so many issues like shingles, no vaccines and no shingles at 80. And I had chicken pox at 5.

The ortho surgeon messed me up but bad with hip replacement in 2010 and if I never have a knife cut me again, I'll be one happy camper..and my walker is a good friend, thought I'd never say this but it's come to that....I so fear a knee replacement, so so fear it. Hip was messed up and each time we are cut, more arthritis sets in. That's it on my ortho MD.

Otherwise I keep my eyes and gums very healthy with supplements and don't go to those docs anymore....it's taken a lifetime to find the answers for me...no cataracts either as I use the eye supports I do.

I'm not a fan of running to doctors and their drugs.

I think I'm in Florida, but I'm not sure any more......my GPS blew away.
    My orthopedist sent me to a neurologist. He said "Now, Dr. _______ is a little hard to deal with, but I think you should see him because he's one of the best."

My first appointment, he was rude, cold, and completely dismissed the results of the neurological tests that the ortho had ordered. He said, "Exactly what do you want to accomplish by seeing me?" I said, "Well, I'd like you to tell me what's wrong with me!" He ordered some more tests, stalked out of the office and turned me over to the PA.

I had the tests done (by him and he acted like I wasn't even there). When I came back next week, he greeted me warmly, took quite a bit of time explaining the results, we told each other a couple of jokes, laughed, and on the way out of the room he gave me a side hug and walked me part of the way down the hall with his arm around my shoulders. He said it was a pleasure meeting me.

The next appointment, he was rude, dismissive and acted like he'd rather be having four wisdom teeth pulled without gas than to be meeting with me. Luckily, I now just check in with the PA, who is a delightful person.

I wonder if sometimes he doesn't take his "happy pills" or if he is bi-polar.

Or, maybe it's like the old joke goes...….Q: What is the difference between God and a Neurologist? A: God doesn't think he's a Neurologist.
    If we're ever in a situation where I am "the voice of reason", then we are in a very, very bad situation.

When some of these doctors need a doctor themselves, are they treated in the same manner?
    If they are, then they'd get a taste of their own medicine, literally.

No they are treated with kid gloves by their buddies and none of them would say a negative word about the other....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.