Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Possible nose cancer again.

Quote Originally Posted by IKE View Post
    Thanks for the well wishes and support everyone it's really appreciated.

Hopefully the doc that is going to do the procedure will call today with my appointment date.....I'm certainly not looking forward to it but I am wanting it to be done and over with.
    Been there done that!! Twice!! Cheek and neck!!

They called for my appointment and it's basically a month away.....7:15 a.m. Thursday Oct. 11th.

Maybe by then some of the dizziness from my concussion will have gone away.

I am sorry you have to go through this again, dear IKE
    I hope the surgery will go well.
    Wishes for your fast recovery!

Well today is the day.......it's 5:30 a.m. and it's about time to start getting ready and make the 40 minute trip north for my 7:15 appointment.

See y'all later.

Nose..jpg

Good Luck IKE..

I will keep my fingers crossed for you , dear IKE !

Ike, you'll be in my thoughts today!

You'll be there now Ike... I can only wish you the very best outcome and the very least pain...

Wishing you a speedy recovery..
    I hate facial surgery!!.

11-23-2011 006.jpg
    11-30-2011 002.jpg

Keeping a good thought for you, Ike.
    Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be. - Abraham Lincoln

Sad you're having to go through this again, will be thinking of you Ike, hoping it's not too bad, good luck.

Ike, it should be over now. Hope you're resting comfortably and not in pain. Hoping for the best result!

Things didn't turn out well at all.

Using the MOHS procedure (very thin slices) the doctor I went to had to remove cancerous tissue three times to get all the cancer......deadening injections, thin slice, send to lab wait for one hour for results....deadening injections thin slice, send to lab wait one hour for results etc.

When the last slice showed to be clean of cancer he explained that since the hole was now so big, deep and the wall of my nostril was so thin that he was going to refer me to a Plastic / Reconstruction Surgeon that does nothing but work on faces (after surgeries, accidents etc) for the repair.

I got in to see the new doctor a couple of hours later and he said because of the size and depth of the wound and location that the only repair he recommends is to remove cartilage from the inside of my nose (septum ?) and graft it to the wound and then make a incision to the left of center at the top of my nose (basically between my eyes) aprox. 1 1/2" straight down towards the tip of my nose, peel the skin back away from my nose and stretch the flap of skin tight over the graft and sew it in place.....he said that I'd probably only end up with a thin 1 1/2" line scar to the left of center from the top of my nose down to the wound / graft and a little scaring at the wound site.

The surgery is out patient but can't be done in his office so I'll have to be admitted to the hospital, wheeled into a operating room, given IV sedation, have the surgery done and then lie in the recovery room till my head clears enough to be able to go home.

Right now I've got a gaping hole in the side of my nose that is to be kept clean and redressed twice daily till my surgery at 6:45 a.m. on the 24th of this month.....thirteen days from now.

Of course the bright side to all of this is that I am going to be able to keep my nose.

I'm beginning to think that the old saying, "if it weren't for bad luck I wouldn't have any luck at all" was made with me in mind.

Joe Btfsplk.jpg

Sorry to hear that...

oh Ike, what an ordeal and to have yet another one ahead! I feel for you. But so relieved you made it through this and the cancer was removed!

I know it's hard for you to feel triumphant right now, but you will. You will.

My prayers are for you to go through the repair without fear and with success!

purple flowers.jpg

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.