Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

National Football League

Quote Originally Posted by JimW View Post
    The Pats have traded a conditional 5th round pick to the Browns for the much troubled but highly talented WR Josh Gordon. This will be interesting.
    If he really is talented and can behave himself, the Pats giving up a 5th round pick should be a god deal for them. Time will tell, I guess??

Quote Originally Posted by DaveA View Post
    If he really is talented and can behave himself, the Pats giving up a 5th round pick should be a god deal for them. Time will tell, I guess??
    I don't have my hopes up Dave, Gordon has shown he can't get his act together for any long period of time. But it certainly has the potential to be one of the best deals in Pats history if he can smarten up.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoot N Annie View Post
    I quit watching NFL years ago. It got way too tribal for me. After every play, someone has to do their little ritual dance. And after TD? Can't watch it.
    I'm with you regarding the self-congratulating ritual dances. Especially the defensive backs when they manage to knock down a pass. That's usually just before they allow 3 straight completions sometimes including a 50- 60 yard bomb!!

I read in the paper the Cleveland Browns won their 1st game of the season last night against the NYJets,happy for them
    Walkers Take It All In Strides

Quote Originally Posted by fmdog44 View Post
    Agree. I was not aware ties were allowed.
    You have to remember, that there could be a game following so they have to honor the t.v. schedule.

I watched a game recently. They do play one overtime period. If it's still tied after the overtime then the tie stands.

Overtimes are kind of boring. It's all about kicking field goals.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveA View Post
    I'm with you regarding the self-congratulating ritual dances. Especially the defensive backs when they manage to knock down a pass. That's usually just before they allow 3 straight completions sometimes including a 50- 60 yard bomb!!
    There is a rule now about overproduction dancing after a touchdown and a fine.

Stuck inside of Mobile, with the Memphis Blues again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoot N Annie View Post
    I quit watching NFL years ago. It got way too tribal for me. After every play, someone has to do their little ritual dance. And after TD? Can't watch it.
    I haven't followed football for a while either. The last game I watched Joe Montana was quarterbacking for the 49er's.
    "What we've got here, is failure to communicate."

Quote Originally Posted by Furryanimal View Post
    Great game yesterday between the Packers and Vikings.Glad the Packers didn't lose-but where did the Vikings find their kicker?And curses to NFL Gamepass for managing to chop the end of OT!Thankgoodness for RedZone!
    My son is a producer for The Red Zone. I'll pass along your compliments!
    “The world needs a sense of worth, and it will achieve it only by its people feeling that they are worthwhile.” - Fred Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by 911 View Post
    Today, the Steelers and Browns tied at 21. You gotta’ be kidding me. For crying out loud. This is pro football, or at least I thought it was. Let the big boys play until we have a winner.

Bring back sudden death, if this is how we’re going to play the game.
    I, so, agree! I was, actually, surprised when it ended a tie. Heck, toss a coin if nothing else.
    How did I ever find time to work?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.