Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

The rudest people

Quote Originally Posted by JimW View Post
    And most people wouldn't say half the things they do online if they were face to face with that person. The distance of the internet gives people a sense of security. I personally try to make it a point to behave on line like I would if I was sitting across from that person.

So true... certainly they wouldn't say it to MY face... so they have to hide behind a screen to be nasty!! Just cowards nothing more, weak and unable to stand up for themselves in the real world.. and they should be treated with the disdain they deserve

I've found that on forums the nicer you are to some people the more annoyed they get, the nastier they become, they equate kindness with weakness..when in fact the nicest people are usually the emotionally strongest!!

Quote Originally Posted by dkay View Post
    Okay, now I would like an honest opinion from all those who have been reading my posts. To me, I'm doing some lighthearted kidding around. Did it come across as intended or did it come across as rude? Honest opinions please.
    no rudeness detected from this side of the screen...

Okay, now I would like an honest opinion from all those who have been reading my posts. To me, I'm doing some lighthearted kidding around. Did it come across as intended or did it come across as rude? Honest opinions please.
    I haven't read anything of yours that has come across as rude. Are you talking about one specific post or all of them in general?

Only you know the truth.

When it comes to parents at their children's sporting events. You weren't kidding around.

Trust me. I have been there.

Beyond rude. Insane is the word.

It's so bad in Canada now at hockey games that the referees can have an abuser removed from the arena.

dkay you sound light-heated to me, not rude.

I always found it odd that so many people feel folks in New York City are rude. I spent time there in the 70s (close friend lived there) and again in the 90s. I loved it - had a wonderful time! Interacted with lots of people in stores, restaurants, etc. New Yorkers DO tend to move and talk fast (unlike southerners), but I never encountered one rude person.

people are more rude now a days--i was standiing in line at the drug store and this women wanted to get a head of me--i am deaf in one ear so if she said anything to me i didnt hear her --so she gives me a little push and stepped in front of me-- its all about me me me out there now

Quote Originally Posted by twinkles View Post
    people are more rude now a days--i was standiing in line at the drug store and this women wanted to get a head of me--i am deaf in one ear so if she said anything to me i didnt hear her --so she gives me a little push and stepped in front of me-- its all about me me me out there now
    She's lucky you allowed her to get away with that...some people would have pushed her back, cussed her out, or worse.

people now will knock you down in a minute-- i just turned the other cheek

A couple of months ago,I'm standing in line at my local bank.I was the next person in line about to walk to the teller when this guy cuts in front of me.I was po'd.I said to him in a loud voice"You SOB,you have no manners while the people behind me have been waiting too'. He looked at me and glared,just shrugged his shoulders .I wanted to slug him but thought better of it.
    I always encounter rude drivers whenever I'm out taking my walks.When I start crossing the street,they are so distracted and don't see me,slam on the brakes,sometimes give me the finger as if the pedestrian doesn't have the right of way ,morons Sue
    Walkers Take It All In Strides

In traveling, I have found tourists from one, (here) unnamed part of the world, to be unbelievably rude with their constant shoving and cutting in line. It is a cultural thing, I guess, but it still disgusts me.

Quote Originally Posted by JimW View Post
    Just a side note dkay, you forgot to put a period on the last sentence of your post. Geeez!!
    I saw that too
    And immediately reported her to the Grammarstapo.
    “Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air.” Emerson

SOME rude people don't realize that they ARE being rude ! They never learned the difference.

I'll bet we all know a few. Learn to give 'em a wide berth.
    Sliding down the razor blade of life.

All we need is love!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gary O' View Post
    I saw that too
    And immediately reported her to the Grammarstapo.
    Good job my friend. We need to stop this blatant disregard for proper grammar!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.