your haunted place ?

your haunted place ?

My haunting took place in devon 25years ago ' we rented a farm house owned by a rich farmer 'plenty of land-
    and house was split in 2 halves for renting out , it stood behind massive iron gates on the edge of a village
    my son was a baby then ' things went missing or shifted ;was touched on the back In the kitchen when alone '
    my little son used to stand In hes cot and talk etc ' had to get rid of the puppy so frightened there '
    perfume by the fire every nite - but worse was the main door was found open by my hubby one morning' bolted at top/ bottom ?

I am convinced I have seen a 17th century farmer carrying a sack of grain over his back to the local mill.
    IMG_0119.JPG

Years ago, I wrote this in our little town newspaper and also posted it here on SF. Remember, I was only about 8 years old, but remember it like it happened yesterday.

I was watching Celebrity Ghost the other night and their guest was Vince Neil from Mötley Crüe. He was telling his time as a young boy and the thing in his room that lived in the closet. This story got to me as I had similar things in my room on the old house on West Hill.

I was 8 or 9 when these unexplainable things happened to me. I had a long walk in closet where I kept my clothes and most of my toys. This closet had the type of latch that you raised up ang the bar would fit in a groove. Impossible to open by itself.

I had an upstairs bedroom and the only light was moonlight that shown in my dormer window. Every night before I went to bed, I always looked into my closet and made sure the latch was shut. I could see the closet door from my bed and could see the outline of my room. One night, as I was about to fall asleep, I heard a slight noise. I had a small lamp on my bed stand as well as a Airline AM radio from Montgomery Ward. As I lit up the room, I noticed the closet door was open about 3 inches. I relatched the door and went back to bed.

Here is where it gets weird. A very bright light started coming through my dormer window and the closet door was open again. I saw something move across the room. What or who, I do not know. ET, shadow person or ghost.....I still have no idea but it did scare the day lights out of me. This was the start of my sleeping with my head covered up. I don't recall this happening again, but I did add two more bolt locks on the closet door. ����
    I ate beans and onions....ended up with tear gas.

I lived in a very old building a previous orphanage run by nuns, my friend visited often with her son and one day he asked to play with the ‘little boy on the stairs’, and was quite insistent he’d seen a boy and spoken to him, in the same house, my daughter came into my bedroom very early one morning and said she’d seen a person standing at the bottom of her bed I told her she must’ve been dreaming and she said “no mummy, I thought I was so I pinched myself and I was awake”, I was visited by a spiritualist and showed her round the house (without telling her anything) when we entered my daughters bedroom she said “this is the room, there is something here dear, it won’t hurt you but it wants you out”...

I think I'm in Florida, but I'm not sure any more......my GPS blew away.
    Back in the early 80's, we rented a house that unbeknownst to us, the previous renter had died in only days before we rented (something the landlord flat out lied about).

From the day we moved in and for a few weeks after, we experienced strange things. I had a collection of flat baskets that I hung on the walls and over and over again the baskets would fall off the walls (which they had never done before). I had an antique small musical horn hanging on the wall that absolutely flew off the wall one night with such force that it made a mark on the opposite hallway wall. Doors opened by themselves.

After a couple of weeks, the incidents tapered off and then stopped completely after a couple more weeks.

One day, shortly afterward, I was invited over by a neighbor who I had only said "hello" to up until then. In the course of the visit, she asked me if it bothered me living in a house that someone had died in so recently. WHAT? Died? Not "moved out" as the landlord said? Nope, died in his sleep.

I've always heard that some people have a hard time "letting go" after they die. Did the previous renter not want to leave and hung around knocking things off the walls because he was upset we were living there? After those few weeks, nothing EVER fell off the walls again, nor did doors open.

I can't say I'm a big believer in ghosts but I can't say I'm a dis-believer either. I try to be open to all possibilities. Were we haunted? Who knows?
    If we're ever in a situation where I am "the voice of reason", then we are in a very, very bad situation.

One night I heard the doorbell ring. It was a cold snowy night.

I got up and went to the door. There was no one there. I went back to bed and later on the doorbell rang again.

I went there again and I noticed there were no footprints in the snow.

While I was standing there, the doorbell rang again and the hair on my head stood up.

I check it out the next day.

The doorbell button was one of those lighted ones. It was stuck partially in.

So my explanation was that with the cold weather, the brass contact would contract and cause the doorbell to ring. And the small light in the button would throw a bit of heat to allow it to release again.

But I was sure spooked for awhile because I had just moved into the house and I though my friends were playing tricks on me.

Not mine but my wife's.

When we first moved to Cornwall it quickly became apparent that a local place affected my wife. She would become uneasy and apprehensive, and on the hottest day would be very cold.

It was so bad that I used to take a three mile detour to avoid it.

We later found that was where they burned the local witches.

When my second wife and I moved into the house I'm still at, I kept seeing this woman walking down the hall. When I asked my (then) wife if she had seen her on other occasions, she described her to a tee. One night, as I was watching TV, I thought I saw my wife walk into our workout room. I called out, and then opened the door. It was pitch black in that room, with nobody inside. The hairs on my neck stood straight up. Our ghost disappeared after a year, or so.

Please reply to this thread with any new information or opinions.